    removing it after this (?) but am wondering why no message.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 18, 2003

  2. I have a pen drive on an xp machine, and all I've done is 'click to remove
    hardware', pull it out, and no problems. YET...

    Linda ;)

    NoNewz_is_GoodNewz, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Kenny

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>, "Kenny"
    <> wrote:

    > I use this between a Win2K and a WinXP machine. In the Win2K it gives me
    > the message "It's now safe to remove" after clicking the remove hardware
    > icon in System Tray but in XP it just disappears from the external devices
    > box, no message. Is this normal in XP? It doesn't appear to do any harm
    > removing it after this (?) but am wondering why no message.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    Same thing happens to me on some of my laptops- With my PCMCIA card reader
    in Win98, there is no "stop device" option, so I just pull the card reader
    out.

    Yet, on my Win2K laptop, it requires stopping the device first before
    ppulling it out, otherwise the laptop starts whining about something being
    removed, etc.

    No damage ever seems to happen on my Win98 box.

    I dont worry about it too much...

    Ghost, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Kenny

    Rob Joachim Guest

    The only consideration is that sometimes when you pull out those pen drives,
    the data you may have transferred TO the drive will not save unless you
    properly do the unplug device procedure.

    Rob Joachim, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for all the replies.