    removing it after this (?) but am wondering why no message.

    --

    Kenny
    Kenny, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Kenny

    Jerry G. Guest

    XP can work auto or automatic. If you look in the system properties under
    removable device such as a drive, you should find the information for this.
    If you use the help in the operating system, you should find information
    about this.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    I use this between a Win2K and a WinXP machine. In the Win2K it gives me
    the message "It's now safe to remove" after clicking the remove hardware
    icon in System Tray but in XP it just disappears from the external devices
    box, no message. Is this normal in XP? It doesn't appear to do any harm

    Jerry G., Nov 18, 2003