    5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

    UK Vendors only!

    Many thanks

    *** HAWK, Jan 16, 2004

  2. I like the Verbatim. It slim design made it easy to connect without a cable.

    Rejean

    message de news:4008511a$0$10061$...

    Réjean Dutil, Jan 16, 2004

  3. *** HAWK

    tHatDudeUK Guest

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in message
    > Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
    > requirements :
    > 1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
    > 2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
    > 3 - Is lightweight
    > 4 - Ideally looks good
    > 5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)

    I recommend one of those USB dongle memory card reader things and a separate
    memory card. I have an MMC one which doesn't need drivers with XP or 2000
    and I guess it's the same for the others.

    look at www.ebuyer.com and the following product codes

    Or something similar

    Choose your format of memory. Can go for smallest or cheapest per mb. Add
    that to it and you got the same as one of those memory sticks and can
    exchange the memory.

    USB2 is meaningless in these memory products I think. I don't think they can
    even max out the old USB v1.0 standards and sticking a USB 2.0 interface
    there doesn't do much because it's limited by the speed the memory can be
    written at.

    tHatDudeUK, Jan 16, 2004
  4. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Cheers for the advice 'DudeUK'
    I never really thought of that as option - it dafts really cos I already on
    a smartmedia card & memory card reader.
    So I may just take your advice & use that for the time being :D

    Thanks for the useful information - I would never have thought of that -
    cheers :D

    *** HAWK, Jan 17, 2004
  5. *** HAWK

    Sultan Guest

    *** HAWK wrote in news:4008511a$0$10061$:

    > Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
    > requirements :
    > 1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
    > 2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
    > 3 - Is lightweight
    > 4 - Ideally looks good
    > 5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)
    >
    > UK Vendors only!
    >
    > Many thanks

    SimpleTech - $49 for 256MB

    Sultan, Jan 17, 2004
  6. *** HAWK <> wrote:
    > Can anybody recommend me a good USB Pen Drive that fits the following
    > requirements :
    > 1 - Has a mininum of 256Mb
    > 2 - Is USB 2.0 (High Speed) Compatible
    > 3 - Is lightweight
    > 4 - Ideally looks good
    > 5 - Is cheap (or at least good value for money)
    >
    > UK Vendors only!
    >
    > Many thanks

    http://www.dynamism.com/iduck/
    1- not quite 256mb
    2- not usb 2.0
    3- definately light weight (heck might even fly south for all I know)
    4 Depends on who's looking I guess,I think it looks good and I will
    definately know it's mine.
    5- kinda pricey $49

    It's a bird it's a plane no wait it's USB DUCK

    Quack Quack

    Trai'

    Trai' La Trash, Jan 19, 2004