    of win95 that came out with usb suport.

    Thanks in advanse

    Daniel
    Daniel Farley, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Daniel Farley

    MarkH Guest

    "Daniel Farley" <> wrote in
    news:8E7Va.94923$:

    > Hey i have a pen drive (128megs) but the driver that came with it only
    > works on win98se, i am wondering if there is a driver i can use wiht
    > it that will work with the first edition of win98, or also, or even
    > better the verson/s of win95 that came out with usb suport.

    Not sure on Win98 but your question about Win95 gave me a good laugh,
    thanks.

    A quick product lookup shows some USB Flash Drives that claim to work with
    Windows 98 / 98SE (Driver Included) or
    Windows Me / 2000 / XP (No driver needed)

    So it seems that it should be possible to get the drive to work with Win98,
    hopefully someone can point you to a driver that will work.

    BTW
    95, good one. Ha ha.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Jul 28, 2003

  3. "Daniel Farley" <> wrote in message
    > Hey i have a pen drive (128megs) but the driver that came with it only

    works
    > on win98se, i am wondering if there is a driver i can use wiht it that

    will
    > work with the first edition of win98, or also, or even better the verson/s
    > of win95 that came out with usb suport.

    Did you try actually installing the driver?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Here's a pen drive that says it will suport win95 wiht the driver provided

    http://www.buyxtremegear.com/flashdrv512.html

    But no link to d/l the driver :-(

    Daniel

    Daniel Farley, Jul 28, 2003
  5. Daniel Farley

    Rob Guest

    > Here's a pen drive that says it will suport win95 wiht the driver provided
    >
    > http://www.buyxtremegear.com/flashdrv512.html
    >

    > But no link to d/l the driver :-(

    I have this beasty.

    I'm in Wellington, if you want a copy of the drivers, or I could email them
    (>3mb)

    Rob
    Rob, Jul 28, 2003
  6. That would be very cool. u can email them to

    farley (a-t} world-net co nz

    Thanks Daniel

    Daniel Farley, Jul 29, 2003
  7. Daniel Farley

    Rob Guest

    > That would be very cool. u can email them to
    >
    > farley (a-t} world-net co nz
    >
    > Thanks Daniel

    Done.
    Rob, Jul 29, 2003
  8. Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 29, 2003
  9. Daniel Farley

    MarkH Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in

    > "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know much about how to make one of these things bootable,

    > apart
    >> from setting the option in the BIOS of course?

    > You need to do just what you would do to a floppy to make it bootable,
    > ie. copy the required system files over to it.

    So I connect it to a Win98 machine and from the command prompt type SYS E:
    assuming that the Pen Drive is drive E. Sounds easy enough, I’ll give it a
    try.

    MarkH, Jul 29, 2003