    anyone offer any suggestions on how to remedy this ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Daniel
    Daniel, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Kaius Guest

    check in your BIOS settings to see if there is an option for USB mouse. If
    there is, you need to enable it so that the computer sees the mouse before
    Windows does.

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Good evening.
    >
    > My microsoft USB mouse works fine, it's just that whenever I turn the
    > computer off and then back on again, I have to unplug and then reinsert

    the
    > USB cable in order for the mouse to work. I have to do this each time I

    turn
    > the computer on. Funny thing is that when I "restart" the computer, the
    > mouse works no problem. Problem occurs only when full shut-down occurs.

    Can

    Kaius, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I did as you said ("enabled" and saved USB mouse support in BIOS) and even
    updated the drivers for the microsoft intellipoint USB optical mouse (on the
    microsoft site) but still the problem is not fixed. What else could it be ?

    Thanks again for your help,

    Daniel

    Daniel, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Agnes L. Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    | I did as you said ("enabled" and saved USB mouse support in BIOS) and
    even
    | updated the drivers for the microsoft intellipoint USB optical mouse
    (on the
    | microsoft site) but still the problem is not fixed. What else could it
    be ?

    | Thanks again for your help,
    |
    | Daniel

    Daniel, this is probably a stretch, but when l had a similar problem
    l replaced the green *thingy* (don't know what it's called) clipped
    to the USB cable and when reinserted into the case the mouse
    worked fine. No problems since. Might be worth a try.

    Aggie.

    Agnes L., Dec 1, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Ross Durie Guest

    The green thingy is a USB to PS/2 adapter and defeats the purpose of having
    a USB mouse.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Jerry G. Guest

    Did you try to update your mouse software? I know that there were some
    problem with some older versions of the mouse software and XP. This may
    be one of them. Also, if the mouse is an older model that is from before
    XP was around, this can also be part of the problem.

    Install the latest version of software for your mouse. If it does not do
    it, then try another mouse. Beyond this, there can be a BIOS problem
    with the mother board, or the way the BIOS is set up. Most of the time,
    when I had these types of faults, it was the drivers, or the mouse, or
    both.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Dec 1, 2004
  7. Daniel

    WebWalker Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:24:48 GMT, "Daniel" <> wrote:

    >Good evening.
    >
    >My microsoft USB mouse works fine, it's just that whenever I turn the
    >computer off and then back on again, I have to unplug and then reinsert the
    >USB cable in order for the mouse to work. I have to do this each time I turn
    >the computer on. Funny thing is that when I "restart" the computer, the
    >mouse works no problem. Problem occurs only when full shut-down occurs. Can
    >anyone offer any suggestions on how to remedy this ?

    Probably the mouse driver problem. Try to uninstall the mouse software
    and its driver from the Device Manager.

    Reboot and let the Windows to redetect the mouse.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Dec 2, 2004
  8. Daniel

    Agnes L. Guest

    "Ross Durie" <> wrote in message
    | The green thingy is a USB to PS/2 adapter and defeats the purpose of
    having
    | a USB mouse.

    Thank you (hanging head in shame) for pointing that out. Now if l
    could only figure out what to do with the whatsis and thingamabobs.
    Forget l said that....l think l know the answer :)

    Aggie

    | --
    | Ross
    | "Agnes L." <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    | > | I did as you said ("enabled" and saved USB mouse support in BIOS)
    and
    | > even
    | > | updated the drivers for the microsoft intellipoint USB optical
    mouse
    | > (on the
    | > | microsoft site) but still the problem is not fixed. What else
    could it
    | > be ?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks again for your help,
    | > |
    | > | Daniel
    | >

    | > Daniel, this is probably a stretch, but when l had a similar problem
    | > l replaced the green *thingy* (don't know what it's called) clipped
    | > to the USB cable and when reinserted into the case the mouse
    | > worked fine. No problems since. Might be worth a try.
    | >
    | > Aggie.

    | > |
    | > | "Kaius" <> wrote in message
    | > mouse.
    | > before

    | > the
    | > reinsert
    | > time I
    | > the
    | > occurs.

    | > |
    | > |

    Agnes L., Dec 2, 2004
  9. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Alright, thanks very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

    I'll try all these things and see if this gets resolved.

    ~Daniel
    Daniel, Dec 4, 2004