    Are there any data that will show the average lifespan of these gadgets?

    Thanks,
    SR

    SR, Nov 8, 2003

  2. SR

    olfart Guest

    reformat it - worked for me. Software was included with the stick to do it.
    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > My 128 MB memory stick can't be accessed anymore...
    > I might have it used a hundred times during the past 6 months. Somebody

    told
    > me that they will go bad a after a certain number of rewrites (like a
    > battery that can be loaded up to 500 times). I can't imagine that since a
    > hard disk with moveable components will last much longer.
    > Are there any data that will show the average lifespan of these gadgets?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SR

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

    <><><><><><><><>

    olfart, Nov 8, 2003

  3. SR

    SR Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > reformat it - worked for me. Software was included with the stick to do

    it.

    No, it doesn't let me do it. By the way, there was no additional software
    included since Windows recognized it from day one (old USB 1.1).

    SR, Nov 8, 2003
  4. SR

    olfart Guest

    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > > reformat it - worked for me. Software was included with the stick to do

    > it.
    >

    > No, it doesn't let me do it. By the way, there was no additional software
    > included since Windows recognized it from day one (old USB 1.1).

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

    Try their web site. Mine needed software to work with W98SE and included was
    a means to reformat. You might try to reformat it using ScanDisk or what
    ever you have-just change to the drive letter for the stick.

    olfart, Nov 8, 2003