    have lost the USB Mass Storage software..
    I'm running XP SP2, on a Sony PCV-RX860.. Thanks
    , Dec 30, 2007

  2. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to lose the front USB ports yet the rear ports work?
    > Also I
    > have lost the USB Mass Storage software..
    > I'm running XP SP2, on a Sony PCV-RX860.. Thanks

    Yes it is possible, they are connected to the M/board
    by wires.
    You could check to make sure all those wires are connected
    correctly.
    What do you mean you`ve lost your USB software ?.
    meerkat, Dec 30, 2007

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:45:28 GMT, wrote:

    >Is it possible to lose the front USB ports yet the rear ports work?

    Yes. It's simply a cable connect to the ports on the front of the
    computer to a connecter on the motherboard. If you aren't comfortable
    opening a computer up... don't.

    >Also I have lost the USB Mass Storage software..
    >I'm running XP SP2, on a Sony PCV-RX860.. Thanks

    YW.
    Evan Platt, Dec 30, 2007
  4. richard Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:45:28 GMT, wrote:

    >Is it possible to lose the front USB ports yet the rear ports work? Also I
    >have lost the USB Mass Storage software..
    >I'm running XP SP2, on a Sony PCV-RX860.. Thanks

    Before checking the interior, open up device manager.
    Check to see if any ports are marked with a "x" in red.
    This will mean they are disabled. To enable it, double click it.
    Click "enable" and ok.
    richard, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:38:35 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > If you aren't comfortable
    > opening a computer up... don't.

    A great piece of advice. I never open one unless I'm wearing my favourite
    old carpet slippers and sitting in my Chesterfield armchair while smoking
    my meerschaum pipe.

    In my smoking jacket of course.

    And my blue baseball cap covered in pretend birdshit with the logo
    'Damned Seagulls' on the front.
    Aardvark, Dec 31, 2007
  6. Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 02:28:36 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >A great piece of advice. I never open one unless I'm wearing my favourite
    >old carpet slippers and sitting in my Chesterfield armchair while smoking
    >my meerschaum pipe.

    What, are you f'in Hugh Heffner?
    Evan Platt, Dec 31, 2007
  7. Guest

    , Dec 31, 2007
  8. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:23:44 -0800, Pennywise wrote:

    > Are You Sitting Comfortably?
    > http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LH72BTAYME

    Cheers for that, mate. I used to have all of their earlier albums and
    listened to them regularly (many moons ago). Even knew all the lyrics.

    Hadn't even thought about them in years and that was a pleasant blast
    from the past.
    Aardvark, Dec 31, 2007
  9. Guest

    Thank you all.. I'm going in.....