    the latest usb 2.0, or is the other 1.0 good enough?
    Thanks
    E.H.

    E. H., Nov 21, 2004

  2. try to update chipset driver

    did this keyboard work on another computer ?

    Do other USB Devices work on computer of your daughter ?

    "E. H." <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I bought a new keyboard for my daughter, and it is USB, but now, when she
    > tries to use it her pc crashes, She runs win2000, does such a keyboard

    need

    Alexander Palm, Nov 21, 2004

  3. E. H.

    E. H. Guest

    Alexander Palm wrote:
    > try to update chipset driver

    She doesn't know how to, I'm not sure if know how to.

    > did this keyboard work on another computer ?

    It is brand new, so I didn't test it before I send it. She reside in
    England. but she is Norwegian and wants a norwegian keyboard.

    > Do other USB Devices work on computer of your daughter ?

    Yes.
    But what about my question: Does such a keyboard need the latest usb 2.0, or
    is the other 1.0 good enough?

    E. H., Nov 21, 2004
  4. E. H.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "E. H." <> wrote in message
    | Alexander Palm wrote:
    | > try to update chipset driver
    | She doesn't know how to, I'm not sure if know how to.
    |
    | > did this keyboard work on another computer ?
    | It is brand new, so I didn't test it before I send it. She reside in
    | England. but she is Norwegian and wants a norwegian keyboard.
    | >
    | > Do other USB Devices work on computer of your daughter ?
    | Yes.
    | But what about my question: Does such a keyboard need the latest usb 2.0,
    or
    | is the other 1.0 good enough?

    Nope. The older USB (actually, on a W2K machine, it's probably 1.1) is fine
    for keyboards. BUT! That being said, a USB keyboard usually requires BIOS
    support to be turned on to work properly. This may not be the problem, but
    it's worth a look. When the computer is first turned on and is running the
    POST (power on self test - memory, drives, etc.) there should be a statement
    on the screen something like "Press F1 to enter setup" (or Del, or F10,
    etc.). Do that - then go through all the setup screens looking for something
    similar to "Enable USB keyboard support". On some "brand name" computers,
    they don't provide that option though.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 21, 2004
  5. E. H.

    E. H. Guest

    Tank you Toolman, I sent your answer to her, I'll hear tomorrow how it goes.
    E.H.

    E. H., Nov 21, 2004
  6. E. H.

    E. H. Guest

    Hi again Toolman, You were right, the trick was in BIOS.
    Thank you. :)

    E. H., Nov 22, 2004
  7. E. H.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You're quite welcome!

    "E. H." <> wrote in message
    | Hi again Toolman, You were right, the trick was in BIOS.
    | Thank you. :)
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> skrev i melding
    | >
    | > "E. H." <> wrote in message
    | > | She doesn't know how to, I'm not sure if know how to.
    | > |
    | > | It is brand new, so I didn't test it before I send it. She reside in
    | > | England. but she is Norwegian and wants a norwegian keyboard.

    | > | Yes.
    | > | But what about my question: Does such a keyboard need the latest usb
    | > 2.0,
    | > or
    | > | is the other 1.0 good enough?
    | > |