    I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so why
    not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two extra USB
    ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2 anyway?
    Richard, Apr 12, 2008

  2. Richard

    olfart Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:a36Mj.11077$...
    >I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so
    >why not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two
    >extra USB ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2
    >anyway?

    if you have an extra PCI slot get a USB card. Works better than a hub and
    less clutter
    olfart, Apr 12, 2008

  3. Richard

    -= KROGG =-

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Olfart is on the money. PCI USB cards clean up a messy desk in a hurry. I now only keep a little four port hub for the lesser used stuff like my iPod and camera. The other stuff I use all the time (printers, scanner, external HD, etc) is plugged into the card and out of the way.
    -= KROGG =-, Apr 12, 2008
  4. Richard

    Hp Guest

    in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.
    Their speeds are so slow that using USB is OVERKILL.
    There in NO Human that can type fast enough to use even USB1
    speeds

    Hp, Apr 13, 2008
  5. Richard

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Hp <> wrote:

    >in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.

    Two reasons:

    Having keyboard/mouse on a hotswappable interface is worth it.

    Being able to connect multiple devices (mainly a mouse and trackball) is
    essential to me.
    DevilsPGD, Apr 13, 2008
  6. Richard

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:11:35 -0700, "Richard" <> wrote:

    >I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so why
    >not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two extra USB
    >ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2 anyway?

    Why don't you do it?

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Apr 25, 2008
  7. Richard

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:56:55 -0500, Hp <> wrote:

    >in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.
    >Their speeds are so slow that using USB is OVERKILL.
    >There in NO Human that can type fast enough to use even USB1
    >speeds

    In my book there is NO REASON to top post.

    Barry OGrady, Apr 25, 2008