    Problem is that no matter if I format it my usb stick boots to DOS, so
    I think I've written something to the boot sector that I cant clear.
    , Sep 14, 2009

  2. why? Guest

    On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:00:57 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    >Not sure how I did this but I vaguely remember it was something to do
    >with mkbt and bbie. Also, I vaguely remember using a DD command.

    Google is always handy, found this.
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/10/16/how-to-make-a-usb-flash-drive-bootable/

    Article text has -
    Extract boot image from CD/DVD using BBIE by Bart Lagerweij

    and,

    Write the extracted boot image from CD/DVD to USB flash drive using MKBT
    by Bart Lagerweij

    While DD is a Linux/Unix app.

    >Problem is that no matter if I format it my usb stick boots to DOS, so
    >I think I've written something to the boot sector that I cant clear.

    Find some other tutorials like the above and see what they have to say.

    Never tries anything like a zero fill wiper on a USB stick.

    Try looking around a bit before running anything like
    http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2006.04.13-HDD-Wipe-Tool/

    Me
    why?, Sep 14, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Sep 14, 4:00 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Not sure how I did this but I vaguely remember it was something to do
    > with mkbt and bbie. Also, I vaguely remember using a DD command.
    >
    > Problem is that no matter if I format it my usb stick boots to DOS, so
    > I think I've written something to the boot sector that I cant clear.

    It was mkbt I used I think....
    , Sep 14, 2009
  4. <> pinched out a
    steaming pile of<28c27397-3654-4a92-bf49-
    >:

    >On Sep 14, 4:00 pm, ""
    ><> wrote:
    >> Not sure how I did this but I vaguely remember it was something to

    do
    >> with mkbt and bbie. Also, I vaguely remember using a DD command.
    >>
    >> Problem is that no matter if I format it my usb stick boots to DOS,

    so
    >> I think I've written something to the boot sector that I cant clear.

    >It was mkbt I used I think....

    say you have gots an image file you want make the bootable?
    Okays.

    you take image file and rawwrite it to usb.

    dd usage is 'dd if= <somefile> of= <somefile>'

    like: dd if= /hal9000/home/Haiku/Haiku.image of= /dev/usb/0/raw

    If the image is already bootable image it makes it bootable

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 14, 2009