    any ideas of what is going on? Same holds true if I try to read a SD Media
    card with the card reader on my printer. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gSA==?=, Dec 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gSA==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    When the computer is still off, plug the USB "jump drive" into the USB
    port. Turn the computer on and boot to Windows in the regular way. Is
    the drive now recognised? Is there any difference in the system's
    behaviour? Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Aaron H" <> wrote in message
    : hello, when I plug in any type of USB jump drive I here the bling
    blong sound
    : and that's about it. I go up to the safely remove hardware arrow tool
    thing
    : and I can see the USB drive their. I open Windows Explorer and I can
    not see
    : the drive their (or on my computer) I go into disk management I can
    see the
    : drive their but I am unable to manually assign it a drive letter,
    anyone have

    Tom Ferguson, Dec 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gSA==?=

    Guest

    This works for me when this happens....

    1. Click on START
    2. Go to Control Panel
    3. Go to Administrative Tools
    4. Go to Computer Management
    5. On the left hand side click on Disk Management
    6. Expand the window and see if your Pen Drive is there.
    7. If so the chancge the drive letter to an unused letter.
    8. Hope that does it for you.
    Migorman...

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:22:00 -0800, Aaron H
    <> wrote:

    >hello, when I plug in any type of USB jump drive I here the bling blong sound
    >and that’s about it. I go up to the safely remove hardware arrow tool thing
    >and I can see the USB drive their. I open Windows Explorer and I can not see
    >the drive their (or on my computer) I go into disk management I can see the
    >drive their but I am unable to manually assign it a drive letter, anyone have
    >any ideas of what is going on? Same holds true if I try to read a SD Media
    >card with the card reader on my printer. Any help would be greatly
    >appreciated.

    , Dec 27, 2006
  4. thanks for the help, I have tried that and the odd part is when I click on
    change drive letter and path nothing at all happens. I try to format it
    thinking that will help and i get the error message of the format did not
    complete sucessuflly

    =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gSA==?=, Dec 28, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gSA==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Navigate to Disk Management. Change the drive letter assignment(s) for
    CD devices lower in the alphabet, say U,V,W....

    Restart the computer. See if you can assign a drive letter now.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User