    can i run a second usb hub from my first hub on my lap top?
    thank you,
    john marsden.

    john marsden, Aug 21, 2006

  2. john marsden

    Pete Guest

    "john marsden" <> wrote in message
    news:mTbGg.20483$...
    > can i run a second usb hub from my first hub on my lap top?
    > thank you,
    > john marsden.

    yes, but it's best to have one that is powered by a mains adapter.

    Pete, Aug 21, 2006

  3. john marsden

    Evan Platt Guest

    rOn Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:14:28 +0100, "Pete" <> wrote:

    >yes, but it's best to have one that is powered by a mains adapter.

    Ummm why?

    Of the 4 I have, none require AC power.

    Evan Platt, Aug 21, 2006
  4. john marsden

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > rOn Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:14:28 +0100, "Pete" <> wrote:
    >
    >> yes, but it's best to have one that is powered by a mains adapter.

    > Ummm why?
    >
    > Of the 4 I have, none require AC power.

    It would depend entirely on the devices plugged into the hub. If they draw
    more current than the hub(s) can provide, like my external hard drive does,
    then a powered hub is the best solution. If someone daisy-chains several
    hubs, each hub also taps into the available current, and at some point,
    there just won't be enough.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2006
  5. john marsden

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > >> yes, but it's best to have one that is powered by a mains adapter.

    > > Ummm why?
    > >
    > > Of the 4 I have, none require AC power.

    > It would depend entirely on the devices plugged into the hub. If they draw
    > more current than the hub(s) can provide, like my external hard drive does,
    > then a powered hub is the best solution. If someone daisy-chains several
    > hubs, each hub also taps into the available current, and at some point,
    > there just won't be enough.

    True. Some devices may not even work in plugged into single, non-powered
    hub.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 22, 2006