    I've searched around the web and the M/b site for HI-SPEED
    drivers, but no luck so far.

    Anyone got a solution or suggestions. [Linux excluded]

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Aug 23, 2005

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Terry Guest

    A friend of mine had the same problem. It turned out that the USB ports were
    set in the BIOS to be 1.1 only. Once we changed the BIOS setting to 1.1/2
    then XP home worked the USB at 'hi-speed' aka USB2.

    Terry...

    Terry, Aug 23, 2005

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:56:15 +1200, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > Running XP Home with SP2 on a Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ I get a message
    >when I attach a portable USB hard drive saying the mass storage device
    >will function at a reduced speed and that I have to add a HI-SPEED USB
    >host controller.
    >
    > The M/b manual states 'For USB2.0 under Windows XP operating
    >system, please use Windows Service Pack.'
    >
    > I've searched around the web and the M/b site for HI-SPEED
    >drivers, but no luck so far.
    >
    > Anyone got a solution or suggestions. [Linux excluded]

    Not all ports are USB 2, all my back ports are USB 1 but the front ones are
    USB 2..

    XP, Aug 23, 2005
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Nova Guest

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > Running XP Home with SP2 on a Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ I get a message
    > when I attach a portable USB hard drive saying the mass storage device
    > will function at a reduced speed and that I have to add a HI-SPEED USB
    > host controller.
    >
    > The M/b manual states 'For USB2.0 under Windows XP operating
    > system, please use Windows Service Pack.'
    >
    > I've searched around the web and the M/b site for HI-SPEED
    > drivers, but no luck so far.
    >
    > Anyone got a solution or suggestions. [Linux excluded]

    I've had this before on one machine, I went to control panel, system,
    hardware, device manager.

    There I could see usb didn't have a driver, I then clicked on update
    driver and windows ended up just installing it again, for some reason it
    just didnt get intalled properly at some stage and so was only running
    as usb.

    Worth checking that anyway.

    Nova, Aug 23, 2005
  5. Tks for replies

    I found USB 2 not enabled in BIOS -- will now test to see if
    enabling it solves problem.

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Aug 23, 2005
  6. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Paul Guest

    Delete the USB controllers entry in device
    manager, and reboot. This should fix it.

    SP2 installs the USB 2 drivers, needed for USB 2.

    Paul, Aug 26, 2005