    hammond Guest

    Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.

    (As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

    hammond, Dec 24, 2007

  2. hammond

    Graham. Guest

    > Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.
    >
    > (As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

    I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
    I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
    us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
    with a DECT phone.

    A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
    equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 24, 2007

  3. hammond

    Guest

    In article <fkobt5$7ok$>, Graham.
    <> writes

    >> Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.
    >>
    >> (As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

    >I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
    >I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
    >us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
    >with a DECT phone.
    >
    >A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
    >equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

    Take a look at www.voipvoice.com they have a device called UConnect.
    This device allows you to connect your DECT phone to a computer's USB
    socket for use with products such as Skype.

    There is also software called Vitaero which enables you to use Skype
    with a bluetooth mobile phone headset which is good for hands free, as
    long as your PC has bluetooth.

    I only need VOIP for outgoing calls, so Skype's £1.50 a month service
    giving you all UK geographic landline calls for a flat 3p regardless of
    time of day or duration is pretty hard to beat. Of course, if I wanted a
    VOIP incoming number, that would be expensive via Skype.

    Kevin.

    , Dec 24, 2007
  4. hammond

    Iain Guest

    wrote:

    > I only need VOIP for outgoing calls, so Skype's £1.50 a month service
    > giving you all UK geographic landline calls for a flat 3p regardless of
    > time of day or duration is pretty hard to beat.

    No, it isn't. It's quite easy to beat.

    Iain, Dec 24, 2007