    that partition?

    Thanks
    Greg

    Greg, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Greg

    beenthere Guest

    "Greg" <> wrote in message
    news:9SQKg.2181$...
    > Reinstalling WinXP last night I managed to misread the installation
    > options
    > and deleted the partition from my backup harddrive connected via
    > USD/Firewire. I have done nothing to it since, but is there a way to
    > recover
    > that partition?

    PFI is a freeware tool, that will help you recover the stuff
    on your drive.
    It must NOT be installed on the damaged drive.
    You Must save the recovered data to another device.
    (not the damaged one)
    All that happened when you deleted the partition, was
    that you wiped out the partition table on the drive, so,
    with luck, all your data is still there.
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    --
    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > "Greg" <> wrote in message
    >> Reinstalling WinXP last night I managed to misread the installation
    >> options
    >> and deleted the partition from my backup harddrive connected via
    >> USD/Firewire. I have done nothing to it since, but is there a way to
    >> recover
    >> that partition?
    >>

    > PFI is a freeware tool, that will help you recover the stuff
    > on your drive.
    > It must NOT be installed on the damaged drive.
    > You Must save the recovered data to another device.
    > (not the damaged one)
    > All that happened when you deleted the partition, was
    > that you wiped out the partition table on the drive, so,
    > with luck, all your data is still there.
    > http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    Thanks for this - will this simply recover the data and allow me to move
    it or will it also rebuild the boot sector? Is this possible?

    Greg, Sep 4, 2006
  4. Greg

    beenthere Guest

    "Greg" <> wrote in message
    > beenthere wrote:
    >> "Greg" <> wrote in message
    >>> Reinstalling WinXP last night I managed to misread the installation
    >>> options
    >>> and deleted the partition from my backup harddrive connected via
    >>> USD/Firewire. I have done nothing to it since, but is there a way to
    >>> recover
    >>> that partition?
    >>>

    >> PFI is a freeware tool, that will help you recover the stuff
    >> on your drive.
    >> It must NOT be installed on the damaged drive.
    >> You Must save the recovered data to another device.
    >> (not the damaged one)
    >> All that happened when you deleted the partition, was
    >> that you wiped out the partition table on the drive, so,
    >> with luck, all your data is still there.
    >> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
    >>

    > Thanks for this - will this simply recover the data and allow me to move
    > it or will it also rebuild the boot sector? Is this possible?

    Recover to another drive. then you can partition and
    reformat your drive.

    beenthere, Sep 4, 2006
  5. Greg

    Greg Guest