    with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

    Thanks

    Roger

    RPK, Jun 1, 2007

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 1, 2007

  3. RPK

    News Reader Guest

    news:UM%7i.29485$...
    > RPK wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for
    >> use with X-Lite on Windows Vista.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Roger

    > You'll find most people will say they are all pretty much the same - crap.
    >

    > --
    > 60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

    lol

    They probably have their place and use... but generally probably rather
    "limited" and "poor quality".

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. Still ... beats (I would imagine or seems the case to me) having
    something requiring patching into both a soundcard mic input and line
    output, etc. If only for simplicity. I have to say I do find original (as in
    earlier generation) BT handsets plugged into a RJ10 splitter to dual 3.5mm
    connector cables (one for mic and one for line out or equivalent) do produce
    a rather outstandingly good audio quality (and the handsets tend to have a
    quite nice weighty solid feel)., etc. :)

    News Reader, Jun 2, 2007
  4. RPK

    Lee Guest

    "RPK" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for use
    > with X-Lite on Windows Vista.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Roger

    Hi I use a regular phone plugged into a USB adaptor from PCphoneline.
    http://www.pcphoneline.com/pcphoneline/main.htm

    The driver software is a bit clunky but it works fine and you get to use a
    "normal" phone handset.

    You can get similar adaptors on ebay.

    Lee, Jun 4, 2007
  5. Lee wrote:
    > "RPK" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for
    >> use with X-Lite on Windows Vista.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Roger
    >>

    > Hi I use a regular phone plugged into a USB adaptor from
    > PCphoneline. http://www.pcphoneline.com/pcphoneline/main.htm
    >
    > The driver software is a bit clunky but it works fine and you get to
    > use a "normal" phone handset.
    >
    > You can get similar adaptors on ebay.

    If you have a router, you can use a device like the Linksys PAP2, and
    connect a regular phone DECT or corded, not have any drivers to worry
    about and use VoIP without the need of a computer being switched on.

    http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=PAP2

    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 4, 2007
  6. RPK

    RPK Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion, which is what I have at home, but the USB handset
    is required for use in hotels etc.

    Thanks anyway

    Roger

    RPK, Jun 4, 2007
  7. RPK

    RH Guest

    "RPK" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the suggestion, which is what I have at home, but the USB
    > handset is required for use in hotels etc.
    > Thanks anyway

    I use a £10 tesco USB phone, works great while travelling and great for
    SKYPE when at home

    RH, Jun 4, 2007