USB Flash Memory Stick <-> USB External Hard Drive Conflict

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Eli Coten, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Eli Coten

    Eli Coten Guest

    Hi,

    I have just got a new USB hard drive. The drive works great, but it
    conflicts with my USB Flash memory stick. I can plug either device in by
    itself, but if I have them both plugged in together then the one I plug
    in second doesn't work. Windows says "USB Device Not Recognised" and an
    "Unknown Device" shows up in device manager.

    This occurs regardless of which one was plugged in first, it is always
    the one that was there first keeps working and the one that was plug in
    afterwards fails to initialise. I don't know how to fix this and I
    really would like to be able to use them both at the same time. Any ideas?

    Eli

    Eli Coten, Mar 30, 2006