    bbford Guest

    What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    cards?
    bbford, Aug 9, 2005

  2. bbford

    Mark² Guest

    "bbford" <> wrote in message
    news:llXJe.129350$wr.90196@clgrps12...
    > What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    > cards?

    USB flash drives only have a standard USB connector on them, which can ONLY
    be plugged into USB slots on computers. Flash memory for cameras have
    connectors which fit in CARD slots...which cameras always have.

    Memory cards CAN be used as flash drives, in the sense that they are just as
    useful for transferring files, etc., so long as the computer has a card
    reader that allows connection of the card.
    Mark², Aug 9, 2005

  3. bbford

    Jim Townsend Guest

    bbford wrote:

    > What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    > cards?

    The shape.
    Jim Townsend, Aug 9, 2005
  4. bbford

    salgud Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > bbford wrote:
    >
    > > What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    > > cards?

    > The shape.

    A classic example of a technically correct but utterly useless reply!
    Good job, Jim!
    salgud, Aug 9, 2005
  5. www.flexusb.com for one card that is both.

    Nanook of the North, Aug 9, 2005
  6. bbford

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 07:50:01 -0700, "salgud" <> wrote:

    >Jim Townsend wrote:
    >> bbford wrote:
    >>
    >> > What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    >> > cards?

    >> The shape.

    >A classic example of a technically correct but utterly useless reply!
    >Good job, Jim!

    Jim works for Microsoft, evidently. :)

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Aug 9, 2005
  7. bbford

    salgud Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2005 07:50:01 -0700, "salgud" <> wrote:
    >

    > >Jim Townsend wrote:

    > >> The shape.

    > >A classic example of a technically correct but utterly useless reply!
    > >Good job, Jim!

    > Jim works for Microsoft, evidently. :)

    Was thinking after I sent my reply that I should have mentioned working
    for MS!

    salgud, Aug 9, 2005
  8. bbford

    Matt Ion Guest

    salgud wrote:
    > Jim Townsend wrote:
    >
    >>bbford wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is the difference between usb flash drives and digital camera memory
    >>>cards?

    >>The shape.

    > A classic example of a technically correct but utterly useless reply!
    > Good job, Jim!

    "Well, as answers go - short, to the point, utterly useless, and totally
    consistent with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon"

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0532-1, 08/09/2005
    Tested on: 8/9/2005 10:49:05 AM
    Matt Ion, Aug 9, 2005
  9. bbford

    Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:31:00 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > USB flash drives only have a standard USB connector on them, which can ONLY
    > be plugged into USB slots on computers. Flash memory for cameras have
    > connectors which fit in CARD slots...which cameras always have.
    >
    > Memory cards CAN be used as flash drives, in the sense that they are just as
    > useful for transferring files, etc., so long as the computer has a card
    > reader that allows connection of the card.

    You don't even need a card reader at times. My computer recognises my digital cameras as removable
    drives, so I can simply use the camera as a portable hard drive.
    , Aug 10, 2005
  10. bbford

    Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:31:00 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    > here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> USB flash drives only have a standard USB connector on them, which can
    >> ONLY
    >> be plugged into USB slots on computers. Flash memory for cameras have
    >> connectors which fit in CARD slots...which cameras always have.
    >>
    >> Memory cards CAN be used as flash drives, in the sense that they are just
    >> as
    >> useful for transferring files, etc., so long as the computer has a card
    >> reader that allows connection of the card.

    > You don't even need a card reader at times. My computer recognises my
    > digital cameras as removable
    > drives, so I can simply use the camera as a portable hard drive.

    Right, except that many people who buy and use flash drives do so because
    they don't want anything as large as even a digital camera for carrying
    files around. :) I did see one SD card itself that had a flip-down
    portion...which allowed it to plug directly into a USB slot--an interesting
    idea.
    Mark², Aug 10, 2005