    Anyone seen a decent USB roundup online anywhere?

    I need to buy a couple with transfer speeds being the main pre-requisite.
    Any recommendations?

    ]v[etaphoid, Aug 31, 2007

  2. ]v[etaphoid

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:03:35 +1000, "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote:

    >Anyone seen a decent USB roundup online anywhere?
    >
    >I need to buy a couple with transfer speeds being the main pre-requisite.
    >Any recommendations?

    I don't have a list handy, but I do suggest you read this:

    http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/#00001263

    --
    People in the computer industry use the word "user", which to them
    means "idiot". -Dave Barry

    Mara, Aug 31, 2007

  3. ]v[etaphoid

    Guest

    , Aug 31, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone seen a decent USB roundup online anywhere?
    >>
    >> I need to buy a couple with transfer speeds being the main pre-requisite.
    >> Any recommendations?

    > Here's one
    > http://www.provantage.com/buslink-bdp2-32g-u2~7BUSL0E1.htm
    > only $1800 US - glad I'm strapped into this seat :)

    I'd rather save $1,600, multiply the capacity by eight, and get a 2½"
    hard drive in an external case. But that's just me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 31, 2007
  5. ]v[etaphoid

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:37:25 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone seen a decent USB roundup online anywhere?
    >>>
    >>> I need to buy a couple with transfer speeds being the main pre-requisite.
    >>> Any recommendations?

    >> Here's one
    >> http://www.provantage.com/buslink-bdp2-32g-u2~7BUSL0E1.htm
    >> only $1800 US - glad I'm strapped into this seat :)

    > I'd rather save $1,600, multiply the capacity by eight, and get a 2½"
    > hard drive in an external case. But that's just me.

    No kidding, I've got a 100 gig 2.5" drive in a mad dog case that's small
    enough to slip in a pocket and is powered by the USB bus.

    Meat Plow, Aug 31, 2007