    du ah Guest

    anyone use a USB flash drive as a field repair tool and what apps,pgms
    do you add to it?
    du ah, Mar 28, 2005

  2. du  ah

    Nocturnal Guest

    YES! Spyware removal programs and Firefox to name a few.

    Nocturnal, Mar 28, 2005

  3. du  ah

    Spammy Sammy Guest

    "du ah" <> wrote in message
    > anyone use a USB flash drive as a field repair tool and what apps,pgms
    > do you add to it?

    Yes. Simply load it with what you need for a particular circumstance.
    Spammy Sammy, Mar 28, 2005
  4. du  ah

    AG Guest

    I've never thought of PuTTy as a repair tool. I do use SSH when I'm booting
    Knoppix but I've never used PuTTy.
    What do you use it for?

    AG

    "Adam" <> wrote in message

    > "Nocturnal" <> wrote in message
    > > YES! Spyware removal programs and Firefox to name a few.
    > > "du ah" <> wrote in message
    > >> anyone use a USB flash drive as a field repair tool and what apps,pgms
    > >> do you add to it?
    > >>

    > Ditto on the Spyware removal (spybot s&d, hijack this, cwshredder, etc.)

    and

    AG, Mar 30, 2005
  5. du ah wrote:
    > anyone use a USB flash drive as a field repair tool and what apps,pgms
    > do you add to it?

    AVG Free antivirus
    All the usual spyware stuff (spybot, adaware, hijaakthis)
    TrojanHunter
    ZipCentral (free zip/unzip tool)
    Firefox + flash installer + shockwave installer
    Sysinternals tools
    Acrobat reader
    OpenOffice
    WinsockXPFix.exe
    SpamBayes
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    Putty
    Skype
    UltraVNC
    msrdpcli.exe (microsoft remote desktop client)
    ZoneAlarm free edition
    Latest Java VM
    Regclean
    Various software registration key viewers
    Netware client kits
    ..EXE files to make a DOS 6.22 and Win98SE boot floppy
    ccleaner
    Everesthome151.exe (excellent system hardware/software information
    finder/viewer)

    That's about 350MB on a 500MB PNY flash drive WITH A WRITE PROTECT
    SWITCH to ensure it doesn't get contaminated if I plug it into a machine
    with a virus etc.

    As I sometimes work on machines running NT4 (no USB support), I also
    take with me a CD-ROM containing the same stuff.
    StuffJustHappens, Mar 30, 2005
  6. StuffJustHappens, Mar 30, 2005
  7. du  ah

    AG Guest

    "StuffJustHappens" <> wrote in
    message news:424b13f2$0$5476$...
    > du ah wrote:
    >
    > > anyone use a USB flash drive as a field repair tool and what apps,pgms
    > > do you add to it?
    > >

    > Further to my previous post - you might want to have a look at:
    >
    > http://www.flashlinux.org.uk/
    >
    > http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/
    >
    > http://loosewire.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/a_directory_of_.html
    >
    > http://www.no-install.com/

    There are some very good utilities at no-install. Thanks for that link.

    AG
    AG, Mar 31, 2005