    faster burning speed?
    Thank you
    PS if anybody has a pdf manual for this drive could you forward it to me?

    Ricky, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Ricky

    Fred Orton Guest

    I have successfully done this with external hard drives. The thing to do is
    to *carefully* dissassemble the drive enclosure, and check the brand and
    model of the drive inside it (there are only so many cd burner
    manufacturers). Try to then get the identical drive, make sure the jumpers
    are set the same, and the cables connected in the same manner, and you
    should be off to the races.

    Hope this helps

    Fred.

    "Ricky" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Lacie usb external 4X4X24 burner and the burner died, I can't

    find
    > the manual so here are my questions, 1: Can I replace the drive in the
    > enclosure and still have a functional dependable drive? 2: I assume it is

    > usb 1.1 enclosure but can anybody confirm this, have a manual, or a link?

    3:
    > If it is a usb 1.1 enclosure what is the highest speed I will get out of a
    > burner and would it matter any if I plug it into a usb 2 port, any chance

    of

    Fred Orton, Aug 4, 2003