USB Ethernet Adapters

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dave, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi All,

    I need to get a USB Ethernet Adapter for my x64 Dell System and I want to be
    sure that it will work before I order (I already have an Ethernet adapter
    but I need a USB one to tie a node-locked license to the MAC so the license
    can be used on other machines).

    I found a couple:

    Belkin: http://tinyurl.com/pb98
    (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...tworking/WiredNetworking/NetworkI...aceCards/)

    Netgear: http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FA120.php

    But they both say XP and not x64.

    I am pretty sure that they will work but just wanted to check.

    Many thanks for your time,

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 8, 2005

  2. No x64 drivers? Then they won't work. (and I'll NEVER buy Belkin again.
    EVER.)

    So far as I know, there aren't any USB ethernet adapters yet with x64
    drivers, though I'd be glad to hear otherwise.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Dave

    Rick Guest

    You need to contact the vendors for the information you seek. I did
    find x64 drivers for Ralink USB the other day, but I have no idea what
    chips are in the devices you list below.

    Rick, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for the replies so far guys.

    I should add that a USB Wireless adapter would fine also...

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Dave

    John Barnes Guest

    Seems that USB support for anything in x64 is rare so far, except that which
    Microsoft provided in their basic drivers.

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2005
  6. Dave

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Get yourself a DLink DGL-3420 game adapter if you have an 802.11g or
    a/g wireless router. You can move it around and use it on various
    computers and devices.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Sep 8, 2005
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Get yourself a DLink DGL-3420 game adapter if you have an 802.11g or
    > a/g wireless router. You can move it around and use it on various
    > computers and devices.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    I found a load of info on:

    Dave, Sep 9, 2005
  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Sep 9, 2005
  9. Dave

    PJB Guest

    I bought a USB wireless adapter with a RT2570 chipset and downloaded x64
    drivers from Rankin site and it works with x64.
    For those who are interested,an exact same adapter, is used on my Power Mac
    running OSX 10.4.2 (Tiger) and with Rakin drivers works as well.

    Peter Banks
    Wellington, NZ.

    PJB, Sep 11, 2005