    off to see if my drive was connected correctly inside, but I can't get
    the case off. Does anyone know how I can fix my problem?

    Craig Henrichs
    Craig Henrichs, May 31, 2004

  2. Craig Henrichs

    reid decker Guest

    Excuse me. How did you open the case to put the DVD in it?

    reid decker, Jun 1, 2004

  3. "reid decker" <> wrote in message news:<fISuc.58040$>...
    > Excuse me. How did you open the case to put the DVD in it?
    > "Craig Henrichs" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a USB enclosure. I stuck a DVD drive in it. I connected the
    > > drive to a USB 2.0 port and booted up Win XP. Win XP couldn't
    > > recognize the drive. The disk that came with the drive case didn't
    > > help me. The case's Model # is PENR-525. I tried taking the case
    > > off to see if my drive was connected correctly inside, but I can't get
    > > the case off. Does anyone know how I can fix my problem?
    > >
    > > Craig Henrichs

    I didn't open the DVD drive. You can get cases to put over DVD/CD/HDD
    drives and make them external and connect them to a USB or Firewire
    ports. My problem is that I can't get XP to recognize my new external
    DVD drive. The CD that came with the case was no help. Has anyone
    else bought a case for a drive that is normally internal and got XP to
    recognize it?

    Craig H
    Craig Henrichs, Jun 2, 2004