    Messages:
    2
    I have a 7port USB hub that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on its own. I tried replacing it with a 4port hub that I know works but the same thing happens. Int he port I have a stick, pedals and throttle plugged in for the flight sim. My mouse and keyboard is USB and they seem to be working okay. All USB in on board, no cards. Does anyone have any idea why my USB is disconnecting and reconnecting itself? I am running Windows XP media addition. Thanks.

    teressa, Feb 2, 2008

  2. teressa

    salaxi

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hi, do you mean that you have 3 different items hooked to the hub?
    (are the stick pedals and throttle 3 different peripherals not interconnected?)
    Maybe if it's so, the 3 items draw too much current to work properly.
    Generally speaking, usb hubs don't work with power-hungry devices, unless they're self-powered. For example, try hooking everything you got to the onboard usb ports (even if that's not convenient) and just check if they work.
    In that case, it's the hub's fault...

    salaxi, Feb 3, 2008

  3. teressa

    teressa

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    we did try that and the devices did work..the weird thing is this...the devices, they're all seperate gaming controllers, have been plugged into this hub which has it's own power for 2 years and worked fine, up until last week then the usb starting to disconnected and reconnect with the message 'your usb devices are ready to use' weird huh...sure caused some problems when flying along in flight sim and your usb disconnects...tried the hub on another computer, plugged in a mouse and camera and it works fine....maybe it's just a crazy random microsoft thing?

    teressa, Feb 5, 2008
  4. teressa

    ryan_tagor

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Location:
    Indonesia - Jakarta
    re:

    I think it' better if you plug the USB directly to your PC, don't use the hub coz there is a resistance (ohm) from it.
    if you running out of USB port, try to install your extra front USB port...

    Sample case: connect 3 of your printer to a USB hub, I've tried it and it's not working properly. so i suggest to my customer to activate their front USB panel, and it's working....

    ryan_tagor, Feb 9, 2008