    memory.

    saqib
    http://doctrina.wordpress.com/
    Saqib Ali, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Saqib Ali

    bealoid Guest

    Saqib Ali <> wrote in news:337f83df-f1a5-46af-848e-
    :

    > For some security testing, I am looking for a USB device that can send
    > pre-programmed key strokes
    > when plugged-into the USB port. Any suggestions?
    >
    > I want something that doesn't require a software/script to be loaded
    > on the computer.
    >
    > Something along the lines of WiebeTech's MouseJiggler <
    > http://www.wiebetech.com/products/MouseJiggler.php >, where it just
    > sends the mouse commands without loading any software.
    >
    > Or maybe a programmable keyboard that can send keystroke as soon as it
    > is connected, without requiring any software/script to be loaded.
    > Obviously this device would require a built-in processor and some
    > memory.

    something like "ghostscript" would fit the bill, no?
    bealoid, Mar 31, 2008

  3. Saqib Ali

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Saqib Ali wrote:
    > For some security testing, I am looking for a USB device that can send
    > pre-programmed key strokes
    > when plugged-into the USB port.

    Do you want to use the USB to pretend it is a keyboard?
    Rick Merrill, Apr 3, 2008
  4. Saqib Ali

    Saqib Ali Guest

    On Apr 3, 12:28 pm, Rick Merrill <> wrote:
    > Do you want to use the USB to pretend it is a keyboard?

    Nope.

    I need a programmable USB device that pretend that it is a keyboard
    and send keystrokes.

    Saqib Ali, Apr 4, 2008
  5. Saqib Ali

    Paul Guest

    Saqib Ali wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 12:28 pm, Rick Merrill <> wrote:
    >> Do you want to use the USB to pretend it is a keyboard?

    > Nope.
    >
    > I need a programmable USB device that pretend that it is a keyboard
    > and send keystrokes.
    >
    > saqib
    > http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

    Perhaps if you look for companies that make "USB protocol analyzers",
    you'll find a generator or stimulus package.

    http://www.corelis.com/products/USB_Explorer_260.htm

    (Followup set, because my USENET server will not allow reply to crossposts
    with too many groups set, without using Followup.)

    Paul
    Paul, Apr 4, 2008
  6. Saqib Ali

    polemon Guest

    On 04/04/2008 01:16 AM, Saqib Ali wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 12:28 pm, Rick Merrill <> wrote:
    >> Do you want to use the USB to pretend it is a keyboard?

    > Nope.
    >
    > I need a programmable USB device that pretend that it is a keyboard
    > and send keystrokes.

    Should those be pre-programmed sequences of keystrokes, or just random ones?

    If those are supposed to be random keystrokes, you could simply modify a
    USB keyboard: add a controler for random signals to the keyboard
    controler, and it should send random keystrokes.

    If you need pre-programmed keystrokes, things would be more tricky.
    A friend of mine builds self-made USB devices with microcontrollers.
    If you have the know-how, you could do this yourself or, program the
    controler to produce keystrokes in a sequential order to use with a
    keyboard controller from a USB keyboard.

    That aside, I've never heard of something like a keystroke-generator,
    that is *not* installed into a keyboard.

    (Also, this Mouse-Jiggler-thing seems ridiculously purpose-less)

    Regards, --polemon

    --
    -EOF-
    polemon, Oct 26, 2008
  7. Saqib Ali

    Saqib Ali Guest

    > Should those be pre-programmed sequences of keystrokes, or just random ones?
    pre-programmed sequence of keystrokes.

    > If you need pre-programmed keystrokes, things would be more tricky.
    > A friend of mine builds self-made USB devices with microcontrollers.
    > If you have the know-how, you could do this yourself or, program the
    > controler to produce keystrokes in a sequential order to use with a
    > keyboard controller from a USB keyboard.

    Yea we used to build these in school for sending keystrokes to Intel
    Explorer and 8086 boards. :) However, I longer have the know how,
    equipment or time to build these devices, so I was wondering if there
    are any off the shelf device that can do this for me :)

    (yea I know I am being lazy....)

    Saqib Ali, Oct 30, 2008