    files come up..also, most times when I connect my memory stick, I get the msg
    "USB device not recognised"..any help would be greatly appreciated, and if
    you could keep it simple, that would be even better! Cheers, Holly
    =?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHkh?=, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Assuming the sticks are recognized on other computers you have access to, be
    sure to try them in all the ports, front and back, and without any external
    hub devices. It is possible that not all usb connectors on the box are
    wired for use.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 19, 2006

  3. Hi Colin. I didn't even know there were more ports at the back of my
    computer! Even so, I tried them as well and had no luck. Thankyou for your
    time anyway, and if you have any other ideas, let me know! Cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHkh?=, Sep 19, 2006
  4. Try running the System File Checker, "sfc /scannow" in a command line
    window, and see if it is caused by a bad system file.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 19, 2006
  5. Hi Holly,

    I believe the main reason you can not get your sticks recognized is because
    you need to make sure your remove hardware safely Icon in the task bar is
    active.

    Need help? Let me know,

    André

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcsOp?=, Sep 20, 2006
  6. I had the same problem with my two pen drives one PNY the other Twinmos, When
    it asked me for the drivers, I selected "I do not have drivers, what else can
    I do" which then gives you a pop-up window where you need to select "Browse"
    that opens another pop-up window, this gives you access to your root
    directory, please select C:\Windows and click on "OK", your computer will
    start looking through all folders to find the drivers for your memory sticks
    (or in my case pen drives). Hope this helps

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3liZXJicmk=?=, Sep 30, 2006