    hardware" bubble doesn't pop-up. How can I get windows to recognize it
    as a new USB device and install the proper drivers? (I did do the
    manual install new device, it doesn't show on the list of new devices)
    railcrew, Oct 6, 2010

  2. railcrew

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Can you uninstall it from Device Manager? Right click on the device in
    Device Manager and select uninstall. Reboot, and then reinsert the the
    flash drive.

    --
    _________________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    _________________
    Bill Sharpe, Oct 6, 2010

  3. railcrew

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Try system restore to a moment before the insertion incident happened.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 6, 2010
  4. It sounds as if you have damaged the partition information. This can
    happen if a drive is disconnected while the system is accessing it.

    You probably need file recovery software. Try
    http://www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/.

    If the information on the drive is important be careful what you do.
    Some attempts at file recovery can make the information unrecoverable.

    Dominic Payer, Oct 6, 2010
  5. railcrew

    railcrew Guest

    Last night (after posting here) I did go to Device Manager and
    uninstall the "CD-DVD Rom" it thought it was, restarted, plugged it
    back in and no error message but... it thinks it's a CD-DVD rom
    removable media and the "folder" has again just one blank music file.

    railcrew, Oct 6, 2010
  6. railcrew

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Go to Disk Manager (run "diskmgmt.msc").
    Do you see different partitions in your USB drive?
    Does your missing partition have a drive letter?
    Can you assing one?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 6, 2010
  7. railcrew

    railcrew Guest

    It was the stupid 'Sandisc Cruzer Mini' with stupid "U3" utility
    application installed on it. I deleted all that pre-installed crap on
    my notebook with XP and problem solved, installed as a flash drive not
    a CD rom...LOL Thanks every one just the same...

    railcrew, Oct 7, 2010
  8. railcrew

    railcrew Guest

    It was the stupid Sandisc Cruzer Mini with the stupid U3 utility app.
    I removed all the pre-installed crap but I had to use my laptop with
    XP. It installed fine... (sorry if this is a double post)

    railcrew, Oct 7, 2010