    undocked.

    I even tried uninstalled all Root USB hubs, and letting windows redetect,
    this was unsuccessful.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIEdyb3Nz?=, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Is this Windows XP Professional x64?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 23, 2005

  3. I believe it is just Windows XP service pack 2.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIEdyb3Nz?=, Aug 23, 2005
  4. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:11:03 +0100, Dr. Gross
    <> wrote:

    > I believe it is just Windows XP service pack 2.

    Then why on earth are you posting in the XP64 newsgroup?
    Mark Gillespie, Aug 23, 2005
  5. because "64bit" is the first newsgroup on the list of Windows newsgroups.
    It's just something we get to live with.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  6. I'm sorry, but the awful Web interface has let you stumble into the 64bit
    newsgroup rather than the one you wanted. You undoubtedly meant to post this
    on the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware newsgroup, where you'll be much
    more likely to get an answer that will help from one of the hardware gurus
    who hang out there.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  7. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:39:23 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    <> wrote:

    > because "64bit" is the first newsgroup on the list of Windows newsgroups.
    > It's just something we get to live with.

    Can't someone change the regular XP to 32bit, so clueless muppets post
    there instead... (sorry, no offence to any of Jim Henson's creations...)
    Mark Gillespie, Aug 23, 2005
  8. I look at it as the price of having a separate NG -- original thought was
    that we didn't need one and they didn't want to have one. Several of us
    fought hard to have this NG because we expected to see just exactly the sort
    of issues and problems we are, in fact, seeing. Drivers, iffy software like
    the nvidia firewall, and people who have made a less than optimal choice for
    their OS. ;) Turns out we were right, and it's been good to have one place
    where we can all work together on issues.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIEdyb3Nz?=

    Mirko Guest

    You don't mention what hardware is involved here, but I had a similar
    problem with a Dell Latitude D600. The problem in my case was/is a faulty
    bluetooth modul or a bad connection between the mainboard and the bluetooth
    module (resides inside the laptop itself and acts as an USB device).
    I ended up switching bluetooth and wireless off altogether using the "Dell
    QuickSet" utility.

    So it could be that you also have an internal USB device that causes your
    problems.

    "Dr. Gross" <>
    :...

    Mirko, Aug 24, 2005
  10. I preached this in the public x64 newsgroups, glad see that Microsoft
    followed my advice.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 24, 2005
  11. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:14:06 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    <> wrote:

    > I look at it as the price of having a separate NG -- original thought was
    > that we didn't need one and they didn't want to have one. Several of us
    > fought hard to have this NG because we expected to see just exactly the
    > sort
    > of issues and problems we are, in fact, seeing. Drivers, iffy software
    > like
    > the nvidia firewall, and people who have made a less than optimal choice
    > for
    > their OS. ;) Turns out we were right, and it's been good to have one
    > place
    > where we can all work together on issues.

    Agreed, the problems with XP64, are unique to a new platform, and not
    really than related to XP itself...
    Mark Gillespie, Aug 24, 2005
  12. Yes. Some of them are cross over problems, but most of those we just happily
    send folks off to the relevant XP newsgroup. As drivers and software catch
    up, the need for this NG will slowly wither away. Which is fine, I'm sure
    I'll find someplace else to hang out by then. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005