USB Data-Link cable

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. Where can I get one ?

    How much ?

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Mar 29, 2006

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    XPD Guest

    <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
    > Where can I get one ?
    >
    > How much ?

    Might need to clarify exactly what sort of data link cable....
    USB-Cellphone ? PC USB-PC USB ?
    What do you want to do with it exactly ? :)

    XPD, Mar 29, 2006

  3. <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
    > Where can I get one ?
    >
    > How much ?

    there are a few types of usb connectors, but, i would say you will get
    everything you need from dicksmiths

    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 29, 2006
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Philip Guest

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > Where can I get one ?
    >
    > How much ?

    PÜretty well any computer store.

    This prompts a question: what's the max length of a USB 2.0 cable? I
    want to set up an infrared USB cam to grab pix of our kiwis that only
    come out at night, & that calls for a cam in the bush.

    We know they're there because they yell a lot - but we've never actually
    seen them.

    Philip

    Philip, Mar 29, 2006
  5. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    MarkH Guest

    Philip <> wrote in news:442a709f$:

    > lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >> Where can I get one ?
    >>
    >> How much ?

    > PÜretty well any computer store.
    >
    > This prompts a question: what's the max length of a USB 2.0 cable? I
    > want to set up an infrared USB cam to grab pix of our kiwis that only
    > come out at night, & that calls for a cam in the bush.
    >
    > We know they're there because they yell a lot - but we've never actually
    > seen them.

    I have seen a type of product referred to as an IP camera - it connects to
    the network and can be accessed by any web browser. Network cables are
    available up to 100M long. This could be worth looking into.

    What about security cameras? Aren't some security cameras and spy camera
    quite cheap?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Mar 29, 2006
  6. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:46:35 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:

    >Philip <> wrote in news:442a709f$:
    >
    >> lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >>> Where can I get one ?
    >>>
    >>> How much ?

    >> PÜretty well any computer store.
    >>
    >> This prompts a question: what's the max length of a USB 2.0 cable? I
    >> want to set up an infrared USB cam to grab pix of our kiwis that only
    >> come out at night, & that calls for a cam in the bush.
    >>
    >> We know they're there because they yell a lot - but we've never actually
    >> seen them.

    >I have seen a type of product referred to as an IP camera - it connects to
    >the network and can be accessed by any web browser. Network cables are
    >available up to 100M long. This could be worth looking into.
    >
    >What about security cameras? Aren't some security cameras and spy camera
    >quite cheap?

    Use the TV out of the camera..

    , Mar 30, 2006