    connector and has 2 usb sockets on it
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6gcco07

    Thanks Ron

    Rocket Ron, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Rocket Ron

    SJP Guest

    SJP, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Rocket Ron

    Gary Guest

    Hi,

    I'd call it an internal motherboard USB connector.

    Take the photo in and ask. I've seen them at computer fairs but not that
    oftn

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Rocket Ron

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:03:54 +1000, Gary wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd call it an internal motherboard USB connector.
    >
    > Take the photo in and ask. I've seen them at computer fairs but not that
    > oftn
    >
    > Gary
    > "Rocket Ron" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi I have an extra usb connector ( coloured blue in the picture) on my
    >> computer that I would like to use so could someone tell me the correct
    >> name for this connector and is it possible to buy a lead that plugs onto
    >> the connector and has 2 usb sockets on it
    >> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6gcco07
    >>
    >> Thanks Ron

    Those are for a PC case that has a front USB connection.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 9, 2007
  5. Rocket Ron

    Gary Guest

    Hi,

    Front of the case connection is the most common use, but I have seen them
    used as a back plain connector as well. I think this is what Ron wanted it
    for.

    They are arround (I have one) but I don't see them very often.

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 9, 2007
  6. Rocket Ron

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000, Gary wrote:

    > Subject: Re: usb connector
    > From: "Gary" <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Front of the case connection is the most common use, but I have seen them
    > used as a back plain connector as well. I think this is what Ron wanted it
    > for.
    >
    > They are arround (I have one) but I don't see them very often.
    >
    > Gary

    I don't think I've ever seen one for the back side.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 9, 2007
  7. Rocket Ron

    SJP Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000, Gary wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Re: usb connector
    >> From: "Gary" <>
    >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Front of the case connection is the most common use, but I have seen them
    >> used as a back plain connector as well. I think this is what Ron wanted
    >> it
    >> for.
    >>
    >> They are arround (I have one) but I don't see them very often.
    >>
    >> Gary

    > I don't think I've ever seen one for the back side.

    Not looked very hard then :)
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=usb header

    SJP, Jun 9, 2007
  8. Rocket Ron

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:38:18 +0100, SJP wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000, Gary wrote:
    >>
    >>> Subject: Re: usb connector
    >>> From: "Gary" <>
    >>> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >>> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:13:32 +1000
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Front of the case connection is the most common use, but I have seen them
    >>> used as a back plain connector as well. I think this is what Ron wanted
    >>> it
    >>> for.
    >>>
    >>> They are arround (I have one) but I don't see them very often.
    >>>
    >>> Gary

    >> I don't think I've ever seen one for the back side.

    > Not looked very hard then :)
    > http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=usb header

    I've never looked.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 9, 2007
  9. Rocket Ron

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rocket Ron wrote:
    > Hi I have an extra usb connector ( coloured blue in the picture) on my
    > computer that I would like to use

    If it did not come connected it may be inactive! Check your computer
    specifications before spending for the connector that goes from "dual
    in line 10-pin" to real USB connector.

    Rick Merrill, Jun 9, 2007
  10. Rocket Ron

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > Rocket Ron wrote:
    >> Hi I have an extra usb connector ( coloured blue in the picture) on my
    >> computer that I would like to use

    > If it did not come connected it may be inactive! Check your computer
    > specifications before spending for the connector that goes from "dual
    > in line 10-pin" to real USB connector.

    And it also may need to be turned on in the BIOS.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 9, 2007