    Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?

    Thanks
    Dugie

    Dugie, May 8, 2005

  2. Dugie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dugie" <> wrote in message
    news:Bnufe.9721$...
    >I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
    > into the PC's USB port.
    >
    > Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dugie

    Nope.

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2005

  3. Dugie

    Parko Guest

    Dugie wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

    > I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
    > into the PC's USB port.
    >
    > Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dugie

    Yup. With the right drivers and OS.
    "Prolific manufacture a range of USB chips, including the PL2301 and PL2302
    devices that allow two USB host controllers to be linked, providing a
    simple point to point link at up to 5Mbps. This driver supports both PL2301
    andPL2302 chips.

    Aserton, Bencent, Butterfly, Camtel, Longshine, Prolific, Share Plus, SIIG,
    StarMount, Swann, Univex, USBdevices and VVMer cables are all known to use
    the PL2301 or PL2302 chips. Entrega, Xircom and Belkin adapters do not use
    Prolific chips and are not supported by this driver."

    http://www.usbman.com/linuxusb.htm

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, May 8, 2005
  4. Dugie

    astonlaw

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1

    Hi, do you have any idea where to get a usb cable that has identical ends if so please tell me where
    Thanks

    astonlaw, Aug 1, 2011