    appearance model but have been unable to find anything by scouring the
    internet with all the possible combinations of words i can think of.
    thanks muchos for any help.
    mrjelly, Apr 11, 2004

  2. mrjelly

    Jerry G. Guest

    For these cameras, you must go to the original manufacture only, or to one
    of their dealers that handle the service for it. If this is a no name type
    of camera, you may be stuck with a problem, unless you can find something
    from another one that would be compatible.

    If it is a Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta, Chinon, or any of these big brand
    names, you will be able to very easily have a spare cable.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "mrjelly" <> wrote in message
    Hello
    I have a digital camera and i need a replacement usb cable for it. I
    have been to the shops and it is not a standard usb size ie. usb b or
    mini b. Does anyone have a clue how i can go about discovering what
    type of usb cable i need so as i can plug it into my computer. If only
    i knew the usb size type that would fit my camera then i feel that i
    could find one easy. no mention in manual of the size needed and i
    dont have the old cable for comparison. also it is a bizarre make of
    camera called Genius. I know that Vivitar make an identical in
    Jerry G., Apr 12, 2004

  3. mrjelly

    WebWalker Guest

    Go to the shop with the camera cable.
    Try to get one that exactly the same.

    p/s I think the connector (to the camera port) is standard.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279
    WebWalker, Apr 13, 2004