    Just wondering how a longer cable affects a printer or some other device? I
    might buy a 6 foot cable to see if that alleviates my problem.

    Any thoughts/comments appreciated!

    David H, Jan 10, 2004

  2. David H wrote:
    > Does anyone have comments on how a USB cable a little longer than
    > recommended would effect a printer? I have a Dell Dimension 550 MZ Pentium
    > 3. I hooked up HP 1210V a few months ago and for a couple of times now, I
    > have had to reload the software. Without even unplugging the USB cable to
    > the printer or power cable, it has a couple of times said "recognizing New
    > USB device". Something like that. My HP book says the maximum length of
    > the USB cable should be no longer than 3 meters. I have a 10 foot cable.
    >
    > Just wondering how a longer cable affects a printer or some other device? I
    > might buy a 6 foot cable to see if that alleviates my problem.
    >
    > Any thoughts/comments appreciated!

    10 feet is (approx.) 3 meters.

    Calvin Crumrine, Jan 10, 2004

  3. David H

    Jerry G. Guest

    You are at the maximum allowable length. Beyond this length, there may be
    some errors. I have had them longer, but it is not recommended. If you have
    a USB fault, you can try a shorter one to see if this is the solution.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com