    would securely overwrite bad sectors, and possible try to repair bad
    blocks or to make them ignored.
    If I said that all correctly. Thanks for suggestions.
    duckstandard, Mar 2, 2010

  2. duckstandard

    duckstandard Guest

    Alec Lourmier wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:23:49 -0800 (PST), duckstandard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, I am looking for a simple way to make a bootable USB drive that
    > >will be able to use a utility to wipe harddrives.

    > Try DBAN: <http://www.dban.org/>
    >
    > The installer should allow installing to a USB flash drive.

    Thanks, I guess my issue was finding something that makes the USB
    bootable, but I guess I will find out. Thanks.
    duckstandard, Mar 2, 2010

  3. duckstandard

    duckstandard Guest

    Alec Lourmier wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:42 -0800 (PST), duckstandard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks, I guess my issue was finding something that makes the USB
    > >bootable, but I guess I will find out. Thanks.

    > The installer should do it. See the following:
    >
    > <http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install-dban-to-a-usb-flash-drive-using-windows/>
    >
    > --
    > Alec
    > I am pro skub.

    Thanks, just what I was looking for.
    duckstandard, Mar 3, 2010
  4. duckstandard

    tam Guest

    duckstandard wrote:
    > Hi, I am looking for a simple way to make a bootable USB drive that
    > will be able to use a utility to wipe harddrives. Preferably if it
    > would securely overwrite bad sectors, and possible try to repair bad
    > blocks or to make them ignored.
    > If I said that all correctly. Thanks for suggestions.

    I also use this HP format utility with great success. This utility will
    format the usb and makes it bootable with win98. After format, you can
    put other dos tool to perform various tasks.

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,64963-page,1/description.html
    tam, Mar 4, 2010