    with Vista 64-bit editions?

    Thanks,

    Hakon
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFrb24gUw==?=, Mar 4, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGFrb24gUw==?=

    HDFatBoy2003 Guest

    Only suggestion I would have is to use a USB Card Reader instead of
    connecting the camera directly.

    HDFatBoy2003, Mar 4, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFrb24gUw==?=

    DP Guest

    I have a Nikon D50 and Ultimate 64-bit OEM Vista. I will try to connect the
    camera and get back to you.

    DP, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Hi, HDFatBoy2003.

    My camera is much cheaper - a Nikon Coolpix 3200 - but I agree with you.

    I CAN plug my camera directly to the USB port; Vista Ultimate x64 RTM
    recognizes it, installs drivers automatically, and assigns it a drive
    letter. Then I can download my pics from the SD card or the camera's 16 MB
    of internal memory. When I clicked on the NIKON001.DSC file (512 bytes),
    Vista said it needed a program, but clicking on the DCIM folder opened a
    couple of subfolders (100NIKON and 101NIKON) that hold my photos and showed
    them in Windows Explorer.

    But I usually just take out the SD card and put it into my always-connected
    USB card reader and download directly into Photoshop Elements.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Mail in Vista Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, MVP, Mar 6, 2007