    For the scanjet, the scanner is not recognized when I plug in the USB cable.

    For the webcam, I just get hardware can not be configured.

    So where do I get all these drivers for the XP64bit?
    =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=, Feb 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    You download the driver for the HL-1450 from the Brother web site. The
    URL for Canada/USA/Latin America is:
    http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/drivers.html

    When you're looking for drivers, the 1st place to go is to the
    manufacturers web site. Microsoft does not write hardware drivers.

    One of the next place to look is www.PlanetAMD.com They have references
    to many drivers, some Beta, and some information about the next best
    driver that is in the Win x64 driver set.

    Rick, Feb 14, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Jimmy Guest

    "Amin" <Amin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Samsung ML-1450 Printer and HP Scanjet 3970 and a SmileCAM SU-320
    > webcam.
    >
    > The Add Printer does not show the ML-1450 for the Samsung set of printers.
    > Samsung printer drivers do not load -- with the message the drivers are
    > for a
    > different machine. The closest on the list is the ML-1250 or the ML-1650.
    >
    > For the scanjet, the scanner is not recognized when I plug in the USB
    > cable.
    >
    > For the webcam, I just get hardware can not be configured.
    >
    > So where do I get all these drivers for the XP64bit?

    I have this printer as well. If you have the Post Script card, you're in
    luck. Windows update> hardware (optional) has a ML-1450 64-bit PS driver
    for download, but is still isn't on the Samsung website. If you are like me
    and need the PCL version, then the 64-bit PCL version for the ML-6060 works
    nicely. This driver is on the x64 installation disk, so just do the add
    printer thing, and select it from the list of available Samsung printers.
    Some of the functions avail. with the x86 drivers don't work very well.

    To get around this shortcoming, I downloaded the 64-bit trial version of
    FinePrint. This program plus the ML-6060 64-bit drivers make my printer
    function better than it did when using the original x86 ML-1450 drivers. I
    believe I will go ahead and purchase the program.
    http://www.fineprint.com/
    Jimmy, Feb 14, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    I posted this about 2 hours ago:

    You download the driver for the HL-1450 from the Brother web site. The
    URL for Canada/USA/Latin America is:
    http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/drivers.html

    The Windows XP Professional x64 driver is on the Brother Web site. It
    has been there for about 6 months!

    How's the Tin man doing, Dorothy?

    Rick, Feb 14, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Info from Brother web site for Dorothy in Kansas:
    http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/drivers.html#winx64

    General Download of Printer driver
    Please select your OS or click here to download the FULL driver package.

    * Windows 95/98/Me
    * Windows NT4.0
    * Windows 2000
    * Windows XP
    * Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    * Windows Server 2003
    * Mac OS
    * OS/2
    * Metaframe / Terminal Server
    * Linux

    Windows 95/98/Me
    WHQL certified Regular Printer Driver (Recommended)
    (This driver automatically installs the PCL or GDI based driver onto
    your PC depending on the model of printer you own)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Regular Driver (for Parallel) V1.30 705KB 09-May-02 3min/ 3min/ 2min

    PS Driver
    (PostScript Language Emulation only for HL-1450 and HL-1470N)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Windows
    BR-Script2
    PPD File V1.00 141KB 9-Jul-01 1min/ 1min/ 1min

    WHQL certified PCL Driver (only for HL-1440,HL-1450 and HL-1470N)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    PCL Driver (for USB) V1.30 819KB 09-May-02 4min/ 3min/ 2min
    Windows NT4.0
    WHQL certified Regular Printer Driver (Recommended)
    (This driver automatically installs the PCL or GDI based driver onto
    your PC depending on the model of printer you own)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Regular Driver V1.42 908KB 09-May-02 5min/ 5min/ 3min

    PS Driver
    (PostScript Language Emulation only for HL-1450 and HL-1470N via Network)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Windows
    BR-Script2
    PPD File V1.00 152KB 9-Jul-01 1min/ 1min/ 1min
    Windows 2000
    WHQL certified Regular Printer Driver (Recommended)
    (This driver automatically installs the PCL or GDI based driver onto
    your PC depending on the model of printer you own)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Regular Driver
    V1.42
    1.07MB
    09-May-02
    5min/ 4min/ 3min

    PS Driver
    (PostScript Language Emulation only for HL-1450 and HL-1470N)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Windows
    BR-Script2
    PPD File V1.00 152KB 9-Jul-01 1min/ 1min/ 1min

    Windows XP
[...]

    V1.82
    921MB
    16-Jun-05
    4min/ 4min/ 2min

    PS Driver
    (PostScript Language Emulation only for HL-1450 and HL-1470N)
    Type Version Size Release Date Download Time
    (28.8k/33.6k/56k)
    Windows
    BR-Script2
    PPD File V1.00 136KB 16-Jun-05 1min/ 1min/ 1min

    Rick, Feb 14, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Jimmy Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >I posted this about 2 hours ago:
    >
    > You download the driver for the HL-1450 from the Brother web site. The
    > URL for Canada/USA/Latin America is:
    > http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/drivers.html
    >
    > The Windows XP Professional x64 driver is on the Brother Web site. It has
    > been there for about 6 months!
    >
    > How's the Tin man doing, Dorothy?

    Sooooo Sorry, but I thought the Amin had a SAMSUNG ML-1450, not a Brother!
    So how is Dorthy these days?
    Jimmy, Feb 14, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Jimmy Guest

    D. Boone from Kentucky, these drivers don't work. As you mentioned earlier,
    "When you're looking for drivers, the 1st place to go is to the
    manufacturers web site. Microsoft does not write hardware drivers." The
    problem here is you are directing us to the wrong manufacturer.

    FYI, I tried to install these Brother HL-1450 PCL drivers about 3 weeks ago,
    thinking they might work. With the Samsung model they just did not work.
    The driver produced a test page of faded banding at the top of the page and
    no other print on the page. Then I began looking into other PCL 6 printers
    in a quest to find something to work with the Samsung ML-1450. The drivers
    for HP 4 were suggested over on PlanetAMD64, but some of the features just
    did not work on this printer. I found the Samsung ML-6060 x64 drivers
    worked better than others I have tried. Until Justway gets some new drivers
    out for Samsung's older non-PS drivers, we are stuck using other measures.

    Jimmy, Feb 14, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Jimmy wrote:
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >> I posted this about 2 hours ago:
    >>
    >> You download the driver for the HL-1450 from the Brother web site. The
    >> URL for Canada/USA/Latin America is:
    >> http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/drivers.html
    >>
    >> The Windows XP Professional x64 driver is on the Brother Web site. It has
    >> been there for about 6 months!
    >>
    >> How's the Tin man doing, Dorothy?
    >>

    > Sooooo Sorry, but I thought the Amin had a SAMSUNG ML-1450, not a Brother!
    > So how is Dorthy these days?

    Dorthy died about 3-1/2 years ago. She was 73 at the time.
    Rick, Feb 15, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QW1pbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    You're right. The Brother drivers won't work with a Samsung printer. I
    guess I scanned your post too quickly and didn't notice you were talking
    about a Samsung printer instead of a Brother printer.

    Rick, Feb 15, 2006