    Anyone seen this happen before? I have some hubs that do work ok, and if
    I put the problem hubs behind a working hub, they will let me connect
    USB 2 devices without the warning about speeds.

    Richard, Nov 18, 2009

  2. In article <he0fmh$u37$>, says...

    > I have 4 hubs here that work fine on other machines at 480 meg speeds,
    > but on my machine they only install as a 1.1 hub, so are useless for
    > anything but RS232 adapters and similar.
    >
    > The machines they work fine on are all old P4 era intel chipsetted HP
    > and IBM small form factors, the problem one is my ati 780g chipset.
    >
    > Im on windows 7 RC still, using the drivers that come with windows, but
    > the same thing happens when I boot my old XP install, so its not windows 7.
    >
    > Anyone seen this happen before? I have some hubs that do work ok, and if
    > I put the problem hubs behind a working hub, they will let me connect
    > USB 2 devices without the warning about speeds.

    Sounds to me like the 780 has problems identifying some of your hubs
    correctly. I've seen that kind of thing happen with usb connectivity
    before. Finding and using one that it *can* recognize seems the easiest
    way of coping.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Nov 18, 2009

  3. Richard

    richms Guest

    > Sounds to me like the 780 has problems identifying some of your hubs
    > correctly. I've seen that kind of thing happen with usb connectivity
    > before. Finding and using one that it *can* recognize seems the easiest
    > way of coping.
    >
    > -P.

    Except that one is weird. It can take a 5v supply but always acts as
    bus powered so I cant plug multiple devices into it without it just
    giving me power errors.

    I was hoping there was something to edit to force them to enumerate
    properly or another driver. For now I have cascaded the hubs to get
    power and usb2 but thats abit ghetto

    richms, Nov 19, 2009