    USB2.0 or do USB 2 need a certain type of motherboard etc?
    Oh and also, will any ordianry USB hub connect to a USB2 port?
    Thanks

    Ray, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Ray

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in
    news:kQg0c.15108$Y%9.net:

    > I currently have USB 1.1 ports on my pc. Can I simply change the PCI
    > card to USB2.0 or do USB 2 need a certain type of motherboard etc?
    > Oh and also, will any ordianry USB hub connect to a USB2 port?
    > Thanks

    You can add a USB2.0 card provided you have a free PCI slot, they don't
    require anything more than that. Any USB1.1 device that you have should
    work with your new USB2.0 ports, but with no speed gains. As far as OS
    requirements, Windows XP requires Service Pack 1, older Windows versions
    require a set of drivers from the manufacturer.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 29, 2004