    the other partitions they show up in my recycle bin on desktop. Is there a
    way for each partition to have own recycle bin? Thanx for any help.
    Bill

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Bill

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Right click on the recycle bin icon on your desktop and select properties.
    The settings are in there.

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
    > everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
    > partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added to
    > the recycle bins in the other partitions and the when things are deleted

    on

    pcbutts1, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thanx for quick reply. I changed recycle properties to configure drives
    independently, but it hasn't changed the outcome. I can delete something on
    desktop and even restore it back to desktop from another partition. Any
    other ideas that might help?
    Bill

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Bill

    Plato Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
    > everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
    > partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added to

    A feature of XP. Dont worry about it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi Plato,
    I figured it was a feature of XP, but I have the partitions set up for my
    wife and kids, and I don't want to delete their stuff in the recycle bin or
    vice versa. Is there a way to have separate recycle bins? Thanx again.

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Bill

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Bill postulated...

    > Hi Plato,
    > I figured it was a feature of XP, but I have the partitions set up
    > for my wife and kids, and I don't want to delete their stuff in the
    > recycle bin or vice versa. Is there a way to have separate recycle
    > bins? Thanx again.

    The recycle bin is NOT a storage device - unless you are testing something,
    the recycle bin is for stuff /intended/ to be deleted. So why should you be
    worried about deleting what is effectively already gone ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Slumpy,
    I simply want separate recycle bins for each partition as explained in
    post. I don't know if this is possible or not. Is the way the recycle bin is
    behaving on these partitions normal for XP?
    Thanx

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004
  8. Bill

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Bill postulated...

    > Slumpy,
    > I simply want separate recycle bins for each partition as explained
    > in post. I don't know if this is possible or not. Is the way the
    > recycle bin is behaving on these partitions normal for XP?
    > Thanx

    That's how it works in 2k pro, kinda makes sense not to have to go through
    endless partitions clearing each one out, but as for single bins for each
    profile, I have no idea.
    --
    slumpy
    no more