    Pentium 3 on Win98SE.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair Baxter, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    The Shed Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
    > running a
    > Pentium 3 on Win98SE.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    With the basic spec of your machine--you probably have 1.1
    This should not present a problem as version 2 is backwards compatable
    to 1.0 -- you just wont get the transfer speed that 2.0 offers.

    The Shed, Oct 3, 2005

  3. "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in

    > Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
    > running a Pentium 3 on Win98SE.

    Use the Device Manager to look at your USB configuration. USB 2.0
    controllers usually identify themselves as such in the description
    field of the device manager.

    HTH,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    Toolman Tim Guest

    John Wunderlich wrote:
    > "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Please, how can I tell if my USB ports are USB 1.1 or 2. I am
    >> running a Pentium 3 on Win98SE.
    >>

    > Use the Device Manager to look at your USB configuration. USB 2.0
    > controllers usually identify themselves as such in the description
    > field of the device manager.
    >
    > HTH,
    > John

    To be a little more specific, the description should include the word
    "enhanced"n for 2.0 devices.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 4, 2005