usb 1.0 to usb2.0

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DlSoftware, Apr 15, 2007.

  1. DlSoftware

    DlSoftware Guest

    1. You need to either upgrade your motherboard or purchase and external
    pci-card to do this for you.

    2. Try Winamp , google it or visit www.winamp.com

    Hope this helps mike.

    Mike, Apr 15, 2007

  3. DlSoftware

    daGnutt Guest

    Yes, it should be.
    USB has always been backard-compatible, if I'm not mistaking.

    The second question, I have no idea on what you mean. I cannot
    understand you.

    daGnutt, Apr 15, 2007
  4. DlSoftware

    meerkat Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Please can someone tell me if my old computer has USB 1.0 is it possible
    > to connect a USB 2.0 to it?
    >
    > Also can someone tell me if their is a windows mp3 player i can download
    > so i can put music on to my mp3.
    > i'm having trouble syncing my mp3 with windows player 10,also ive tried 11
    > no joy for some reason,neither will reconise my player.

    Purchase a USB2 PCI card which you can plug into your
    M/board.
    Here are some examples.
    http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=USB2 PCI card.&hl=en&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

    Didn`t you get software with your mp3 player to put
    music on it ?.

    meerkat, Apr 15, 2007
  5. DlSoftware

    Mike Guest

    NO SOFTWARE! Ill try the usb 2.0 card,many thanks all.

    mike

    Mike, Apr 15, 2007
  6. DlSoftware

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > NO SOFTWARE! Ill try the usb 2.0 card,many thanks all.

    TIP: It AIN'T the USB 1.x causing your problem. Don't go running off to buy
    something until you fix the problem.

    First, are you certain that the USB ports you DO have really work?

    Second, what kind of MP3 player?

    WhzzKdd, Apr 15, 2007
  7. DlSoftware

    Mike Guest

    yes the usb ports work,the player i have is:
    AIGO 512 MP3.

    Mike, Apr 16, 2007
  8. DlSoftware

    meerkat Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > yes the usb ports work,the player i have is:
    > AIGO 512 MP3.

    A write up I`ve just read, says...
    includes User Manual, and CD.
    ???

    meerkat, Apr 16, 2007
  9. DlSoftware

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 16, 2007
  10. DlSoftware

    Mike Guest

    Many thanks for all your help,i need to somehow remove WMP 11 and get WMP
    10,but for some reason 11 will not be removed,anyone tell me how to
    completley remove windows media player 11?

    mike

    Mike, Apr 16, 2007
  11. DlSoftware

    meerkat Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Many thanks for all your help,i need to somehow remove WMP 11 and get WMP
    > 10,but for some reason 11 will not be removed,anyone tell me how to
    > completley remove windows media player 11?

    Control Panel\Add/remove programs, on the L/H side
    Add/remove windows components.
    Or does it just put it in the Add/Remove files list ?.

    meerkat, Apr 16, 2007
  12. DlSoftware

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> Many thanks for all your help,i need to somehow remove WMP 11 and get WMP
    >> 10,but for some reason 11 will not be removed,anyone tell me how to
    >> completley remove windows media player 11?
    >>

    > Control Panel\Add/remove programs, on the L/H side
    > Add/remove windows components.
    > Or does it just put it in the Add/Remove files list ?.

    Being a Windows Update, maybe it's hidden? There's an option in SP2
    Add/Remove programs to show updates (check box, top right).

    WhzzKdd, Apr 17, 2007