    just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .

    cheers
    Troggles, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Bwmeter - comes with throttling capabilities as I recall.

    ShuckItAnShee, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Troggles

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Troggles <> wrote in news:jDHPf.4842$JZ1.120211
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
    > usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
    > just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    > But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
    >
    > cheers

    for one pc:
    http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
    What is NetMeter?

    NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for
    Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay
    freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP,
    but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems. At
    the moment there is no online-help or support available - sorry!

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Troggles

    Troggles Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Troggles <> wrote in news:jDHPf.4842$JZ1.120211
    > @news.xtra.co.nz:
    >

    >>Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
    >>usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
    >>just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    >>But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
    >>
    >>cheers
    >>

    > for one pc:
    > http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
    > What is NetMeter?
    >
    > NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for
    > Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay
    > freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP,
    > but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems. At
    > the moment there is no online-help or support available - sorry!

    Yeah thanks Dave. Actually found it this morning. Works a treat. Just
    what the doctor ordered.

    Finally, after a week, xtra sorted their shit out and set up my usage
    meter on line. So at least I can see that now. But this net meter is
    great. Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
    whistles.

    How's things btw ?

    cheers.
    Troggles, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Troggles

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Troggles <> wrote in news::

    > Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
    > whistles.

    Yup, and it has a monthly totals feature so set that to your close out day
    in your plan.

    > How's things btw ?

    Good, but there are at least 3 Dave's on this ng...
    8)
    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Troggles

    Troggles Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Troggles <> wrote in news::
    >

    >>Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
    >>whistles.

    > Yup, and it has a monthly totals feature so set that to your close out day
    > in your plan.
    >
    >>How's things btw ?
    >>

    > Good, but there are at least 3 Dave's on this ng...
    > 8)

    u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
    memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
    did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
    (shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
    chattin to you.

    Toodlesw
    Troggles, Mar 9, 2006
  7. Troggles

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Troggles <> wrote in news::

    > u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
    > memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
    > did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
    > (shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
    > chattin to you.
    >
    > Toodlesw

    LOL, I will bask in someone else's limelight if you insist...
    I am pretty sure that was one of the other Daves.

    Glad we Daves could help you out 8)
    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 11, 2006
  8. Troggles

    Troggles Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Troggles <> wrote in news::
    >

    >>u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
    >>memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
    >>did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
    >>(shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
    >>chattin to you.
    >>
    >>Toodlesw
    >>

    > LOL, I will bask in someone else's limelight if you insist...
    > I am pretty sure that was one of the other Daves.
    >
    > Glad we Daves could help you out 8)

    <shrug>
    Troggles, Mar 12, 2006
  9. Troggles

    kksid Guest

    Troggles wrote:
    > Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
    > usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
    > just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    > But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
    >
    > cheers

    Try WatchWAN (http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan).
    It is more accurate than Netmeter.
    kksid, Mar 31, 2006
  10. Troggles

    David Guest

    Troggles wrote:
    > Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
    > usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
    > just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    > But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
    >
    > cheers

    If you use Xtra, Paradise, Inspire or Airnet, traffic usage checker is
    great for this purpose. It shows a nice percentage in the notification
    tray and because it loads the usage off the ISP's website it doesn't
    need to be always running or installed on all your PCs. It also does
    handy calculations, for example mine is telling me:

    1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. Downloaded: 6,645.74MB Uploaded: 1,600.42MB
    Total: 8,246.16MB -- 80.53%
    1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You're within your traffic limit, averaging
    322.74MB/day.
    1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You can use 365.94MB/day for the rest of this
    month (which ends in 5.4 days, on 6/04/2006)
    David, Apr 1, 2006
  11. Troggles

    David Guest

    David wrote:
    > Troggles wrote:
    >> Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
    >> usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
    >> just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
    >> But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
    >>
    >> cheers
    >>

    > If you use Xtra, Paradise, Inspire or Airnet, traffic usage checker is
    > great for this purpose. It shows a nice percentage in the notification
    > tray and because it loads the usage off the ISP's website it doesn't
    > need to be always running or installed on all your PCs. It also does
    > handy calculations, for example mine is telling me:
    >
    > 1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. Downloaded: 6,645.74MB Uploaded: 1,600.42MB
    > Total: 8,246.16MB -- 80.53%
    > 1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You're within your traffic limit, averaging
    > 322.74MB/day.
    > 1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You can use 365.94MB/day for the rest of this
    > month (which ends in 5.4 days, on 6/04/2006)

    Oops, forgot to post the URL.
    Its http://tuc.swaziboy.com/.
    David, Apr 1, 2006