USA and DATA Caps..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Woger, Apr 14, 2009.

  1. Woger

    Woger Guest

    Woger, Apr 14, 2009

  2. Woger

    Malcolm Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:57:52 +1200
    Woger <> wrote:

    > Congressman Wants to Ban Download Caps
    >

    > http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/04/congressman-to.html

    Hi
    No caps here yet on Bellsouth, all I can eat at 3Mb for US$32/month.

    CableOne here have a speed cap which reduces to 1.5Mb from 3.0Mb
    measured between midday and midnight if you exceed 1.3Gb

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    Malcolm, Apr 15, 2009

  3. Woger

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:57:52 +1200
    > Woger <> wrote:
    >

    >> Congressman Wants to Ban Download Caps
    >>

    >> http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/04/congressman-to.html

    > Hi
    > No caps here yet on Bellsouth, all I can eat at 3Mb for US$32/month.
    >
    > CableOne here have a speed cap which reduces to 1.5Mb from 3.0Mb
    > measured between midday and midnight if you exceed 1.3Gb
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    > openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    > up 2 days 1:10, 1 user, load average: 0.66, 0.28, 0.14
    > ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

    What is $32 in NZD?
    I'm one of the lucky ones that was on the Go Large until Telecom's plans
    went tits up.
    Now I get full speed (yeah right!) and as much as I can eat for $50 p.m
    Jack Spratt, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Woger

    Malcolm Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200
    "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

    <snip>
    > What is $32 in NZD?
    > I'm one of the lucky ones that was on the Go Large until Telecom's
    > plans went tits up.
    > Now I get full speed (yeah right!) and as much as I can eat for $50
    > p.m

    Hi
    Just looked on BNZ, rates are low are they.....
    US$32 dollars = $ 52.55 NZ Dollars

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
    up 8:44, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.34, 0.52
    ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME
    Malcolm, Apr 15, 2009
  5. On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    [msge snipped]

    >What is $32 in NZD?

    Google is your friend.

    Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Apr 15, 2009
  6. Woger

    Sam Guest

    Jack Spratt wrote:

    > What is $32 in NZD?

    Go to Google and enter

    32usd to nzd
    Sam, Apr 16, 2009
  7. Woger

    Jack Spratt Guest

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=school holiday dates in nz

    Jack Spratt, Apr 16, 2009
  8. Woger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    > <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]
    >
    >> What is $32 in NZD?

    > Google is your friend.

    LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    the difference?".

    > Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 16, 2009
  9. Woger

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    > texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]
    >>
    >>> What is $32 in NZD?

    >> Google is your friend.

    > LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    > the difference?".

    Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
    referring all the Qs to Google.
    But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules to
    suit.
    Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets of
    those who tire of her dribble?

    Jack Spratt, Apr 16, 2009
  10. Woger

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    > texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]
    >>
    >>> What is $32 in NZD?

    >> Google is your friend.

    > LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    > the difference?".
    >
    >> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    > http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    LMAO. Let me Google that for you. Never seen that before. That's a keeper

    Jack Spratt, Apr 16, 2009
  11. On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]
    >>
    >>> What is $32 in NZD?

    >> Google is your friend.

    >LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    >the difference?".

    On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has posted them, are knowlegable,
    friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for such matters.

    I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting through many websites on google.

    >> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    >http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    Tut tut using tinyurl...

    >Cheers,

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Apr 18, 2009
  12. On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

    >"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    >> texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

    >>> Google is your friend.

    >> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    >> the difference?".

    >Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
    >referring all the Qs to Google.
    >But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules to
    >suit.
    >Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets of
    >those who tire of her dribble?

    Yawn, slow day today eh?

    Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't it as I have been using
    the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

    Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.
    The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen from time to time.

    FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Apr 18, 2009
  13. Woger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    >> texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

    >>> Google is your friend.

    >> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
    >> what's the difference?".

    > On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
    > posted them, are knowlegable, friendly and helpful; it's quicker to
    > post here than use google for such matters.
    >
    > I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
    > through many websites on google.

    Seriously Cath? The answers to your question take a lot less time to Google
    than they do people's time in replying. To me that's the touchstone. If it's
    easilly Googled but you ask others to explain it to you then you're being
    lazy and abusing the kindness of others.

    As you don't like tinyURL:

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DVD+R+DVD-R+Difference

    Or just go to Wiki....

    >>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    >> http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    > Tut tut using tinyurl...

    OK, here's the non-tinyURL link:

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=school+holiday+dates+New+Zealand

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 18, 2009
  14. Woger

    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    >>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

    >>> Google is your friend.

    >>LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    >>the difference?".

    > On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has posted
    > them, are knowlegable,
    > friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for such
    > matters.
    >
    > I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting through
    > many websites on google.

    To find out the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?
    First page should do it, unless you sufer from comprehension issues.

    >>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

    >>http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    > Tut tut using tinyurl...

    Yes. Is a good tool to use in case long URLS with querystring data wrap and
    dimbulbs like you struggle with the copy and paste concept.
    What is your problem with tinyurl Gran?

    Jack Spratt, Apr 18, 2009
  15. Woger

    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    > <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

    >>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
    >>> what's
    >>> the difference?".

    >>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
    >>referring all the Qs to Google.
    >>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules
    >>suit.
    >>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets
    >>of
    >>those who tire of her dribble?

    > Yawn, slow day today eh?
    >
    > Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't
    > it as I have been using
    > the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

    I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
    admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.

    > Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

    old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.

    > The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
    > from time to time.
    >
    > FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

    See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.
    Jack Spratt, Apr 18, 2009
  16. Woger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
    > <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

    >>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
    >>> what's the difference?".

    >> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
    >> posted them, are knowlegable,
    >> friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for
    >> such matters.
    >>
    >> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
    >> through many websites on google.

    > To find out the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?
    > First page should do it, unless you sufer from comprehension issues.

    >>> http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

    >> Tut tut using tinyurl...

    > Yes. Is a good tool to use in case long URLS with querystring data
    > wrap and dimbulbs like you struggle with the copy and paste concept.
    > What is your problem with tinyurl Gran?

    Some distrustful people don't want to risk that someone isn't going to
    direct them to a granny-porn site and they've also never heard of
    <http://tinyurl.com/preview.php>.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 18, 2009
  17. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-04-18, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs
    > texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

    >>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
    >>> what's the difference?".

    >> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
    >> posted them, are knowlegable, friendly and helpful; it's quicker to
    >> post here than use google for such matters.
    >>
    >> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
    >> through many websites on google.

    > Seriously Cath? The answers to your question take a lot less time to Google
    > than they do people's time in replying. To me that's the touchstone. If it's
    > easilly Googled but you ask others to explain it to you then you're being
    > lazy and abusing the kindness of others.

    Indeed this is the balance. What is the density of solid rock? Easy.

    Cath's question had me lost in the info that is the web. Yes I tried, for
    Google knows alot.

    > As you don't like tinyURL:
    >
    > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DVD+R+DVD-R+Difference

    tinyurl has been so sucessful that http://is.gd has wandered onto the
    playing field
    Gordon, Apr 19, 2009
  18. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-04-18, texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. <texan> wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

    >>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
    >>> the difference?".

    >>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
    >>referring all the Qs to Google.
    >>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules to
    >>suit.
    >>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets of
    >>those who tire of her dribble?

    > Yawn, slow day today eh?
    >
    > Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't it as I have been using
    > the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.
    >
    > Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.
    > The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen from time to time.
    >
    > FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

    Cath, stressed yes? Seems like it to me. ignore fools is always best
    Gordon, Apr 19, 2009
  19. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-04-18, Jack Spratt <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    ><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
    >> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    >>>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
    >>>referring all the Qs to Google.
    >>>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules
    >>>suit.
    >>>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets
    >>>of
    >>>those who tire of her dribble?

    >> Yawn, slow day today eh?
    >>
    >> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't
    >> it as I have been using
    >> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

    > I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
    > admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.
    >
    >> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

    > old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.
    >
    >> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
    >> from time to time.
    >>
    >> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

    > See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.

    Yawn, abuse abounds. Thread near an end
    Gordon, Apr 19, 2009
  20. Woger

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-04-18, Jack Spratt <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message

    >>> Yawn, slow day today eh?
    >>>
    >>> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then
    >>> doesn't
    >>> it as I have been using
    >>> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

    >> I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
    >> admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.
    >>
    >>> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

    >> old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.
    >>
    >>> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
    >>> from time to time.
    >>>
    >>> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

    >> See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.
    >>

    > Yawn, abuse abounds. Thread near an end

    **** up Shakespeare.
    Moas could return to NZ quicker than Cath... it's an ongoing saga.
    The "Gran" reference is in retaliation to her continued labeling of me as
    old.
    She uses it as an insult which not only disrespects the older generation in
    this NG but is inaccurate.
    I've been telling her that for years but she has comprehension issues.
    Jack Spratt, Apr 19, 2009