    I presume therefore that most ISPs require the V.90 standard to connect
    at more than 33600 bps.

    Is it still possible to flash these old modems to V.90?
    Rob J, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Rob J

    Phstpok Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > Ihug shows a connection at 33600 bps.
    >
    > Part of the ident string is the old "x2" standard.
    >
    > I guess it's possible that this particular modem hasn't been flashed to
    > the V.90 standard and is still working on the original x2 standard that
    > was used by USR when they invented 56k. It's an ISA modem, so it isn't a
    > Winmodem, and the flash date recorded is 10/6/97 (6 October 1997), Flash
    > rev 4.5.1.
    >
    > I presume therefore that most ISPs require the V.90 standard to connect
    > at more than 33600 bps.
    >
    > Is it still possible to flash these old modems to V.90?

    http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=2805

    Google is your friend
    Phstpok, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Rob J

    thing Guest

    Phstpok wrote:
    > Rob J wrote:
    >
    >> Ihug shows a connection at 33600 bps.
    >>
    >> Part of the ident string is the old "x2" standard.
    >>
    >> I guess it's possible that this particular modem hasn't been flashed
    >> to the V.90 standard and is still working on the original x2 standard
    >> that was used by USR when they invented 56k. It's an ISA modem, so it
    >> isn't a Winmodem, and the flash date recorded is 10/6/97 (6 October
    >> 1997), Flash rev 4.5.1.
    >>
    >> I presume therefore that most ISPs require the V.90 standard to
    >> connect at more than 33600 bps.
    >>
    >> Is it still possible to flash these old modems to V.90?

    > http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=2805
    >
    > Google is your friend

    Upgrading is only possible with some modems + there used to be a charge.

    I bought a so called x2 modem only to find that I had to pay for a swap
    out as my one was not upgradable even though at the time it said it was.
    It was cheaper to buy a new dynalink than pay for the swap out/upgrade.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    In article <d4lf3h$2lc$> in nz.comp on Wed, 27 Apr 2005
    01:19:39 +1200, Phstpok <> says...
    > Rob J wrote:
    > > Ihug shows a connection at 33600 bps.
    > >
    > > Part of the ident string is the old "x2" standard.
    > >
    > > I guess it's possible that this particular modem hasn't been flashed to
    > > the V.90 standard and is still working on the original x2 standard that
    > > was used by USR when they invented 56k. It's an ISA modem, so it isn't a
    > > Winmodem, and the flash date recorded is 10/6/97 (6 October 1997), Flash
    > > rev 4.5.1.
    > >
    > > I presume therefore that most ISPs require the V.90 standard to connect
    > > at more than 33600 bps.
    > >
    > > Is it still possible to flash these old modems to V.90?

    > http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=2805
    >
    > Google is your friend

    Those are only Courier modems.

    It's not a Courier.