    well......

    Thanks and regards,

    steve
    Steve, May 1, 2007

  2. Steve

    Jono Guest

    Steve has brought this to us :
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Could you please tell me which companies, could offer me an US phone number
    > ?
    >
    > Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone number.....
    > I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
    > well......
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    >
    > steve

    Ipkall
    Gradwell
    Voipfone

    to name but three
    Jono, May 2, 2007

  3. Steve

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Steve has brought this to us :
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > Could you please tell me which companies, could offer
    > > me an US phone number ?
    > >
    > > Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account),
    > > an UK phone number..... I would need an US one, but
    > > that would be nice to get some others as well......
    > >
    > > Thanks and regards,
    > >
    > > steve

    > Ipkall
    > Gradwell
    > Voipfone
    >
    > to name but three

    But there are problems routing to a Sipgate account as they have blocked
    access from most other networks. IPKall was supposed to have been
    unblocked but it doesn't seem to have happened. From what I can gather the
    problem is currently at IPKall's end, but I know no more at this stage.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 2, 2007
  4. Steve

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Steve has brought this to us :
    >> Hi ,
    >>
    >> Could you please tell me which companies, could offer me an US phone
    >> number ?
    >>
    >> Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone
    >> number.....
    >> I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
    >> well......
    >>
    >> Thanks and regards,
    >>
    >> steve

    > Ipkall
    > Gradwell
    > Voipfone
    >
    > to name but three

    Jono is right, you can get a US number from Gradwell.com for an additional
    £1 per month; so if you took a number with their SIP forwarding, it would be
    £3 + £1 + VAT per month for the US number; this could then forward to your
    SIPGATE account. According to
    http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=194&nav=0
    Gradwell.com have a cross-calling agreement with SIPGATE, so there shouldn't
    be any problems forwarding to it.

    Alan
    Alan Ramsay, May 2, 2007
  5. Steve

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:39:48 GMT, "Alan Ramsay" <>
    wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve has brought this to us :
    >>> Hi ,
    >>>
    >>> Could you please tell me which companies, could offer me an US phone
    >>> number ?
    >>>
    >>> Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone
    >>> number.....
    >>> I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
    >>> well......
    >>>
    >>> Thanks and regards,
    >>>
    >>> steve

    >> Ipkall
    >> Gradwell
    >> Voipfone
    >>
    >> to name but three
    >>

    >Jono is right, you can get a US number from Gradwell.com for an additional
    >£1 per month; so if you took a number with their SIP forwarding, it would be
    >£3 + £1 + VAT per month for the US number; this could then forward to your
    >SIPGATE account. According to
    >http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=194&nav=0
    >Gradwell.com have a cross-calling agreement with SIPGATE, so there shouldn't
    >be any problems forwarding to it.
    >
    >Alan

    Another way is to use Voxalot, register the account that receives the
    US calls - then either use Voxalot directly ( I think that is the best
    way) or forward to your sipgate sip address.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 2, 2007
  6. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > But there are problems routing to a Sipgate account as they have blocked
    > access from most other networks. IPKall was supposed to have been
    > unblocked but it doesn't seem to have happened. From what I can gather the
    > problem is currently at IPKall's end, but I know no more at this stage.

    If you have a static IP address (or a reasonably static one and you have
    something like DynDNS configured), you can set the SIP Proxy to be the
    IP address (or hostname) and the port of your phone (i.e.
    95.34.55.25:5600), along with your SIP Phone Number (although I'm not
    sure if this is required any more).

    I've been using one from a phone configured for Sipgate without problems
    (the phone still handles Call Waiting, etc.).

    --
    Jonathan Wright
    http://netwrker.co.uk

    cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

    2.6.20-gentoo-r7-netwrker-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
    Jonathan Wright, May 3, 2007
  7. Steve

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    "Alan Ramsay" <> wrote in message

    > Jono is right, you can get a US number from Gradwell.com for an additional
    > £1 per month; so if you took a number with their SIP forwarding, it would
    > be £3 + £1 + VAT per month for the US number; this could then forward to
    > your SIPGATE account. According to
    > http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=194&nav=0
    > Gradwell.com have a cross-calling agreement with SIPGATE, so there
    > shouldn't be any problems forwarding to it.
    >
    > Alan

    I've also just discovered www.freedigits.com / http://www.sipnumber.com/
    (both seem to be from the same place); I've just signed up for a free
    account with freedigits.com, which is credited with $1.80; You get allocated
    a number in Iowa, FOC for incoming calls; you can also make 1-800/1-877
    calls without charge.

    NB Note the T&C's that state any unused credit will transfer to
    freedigits.com after 180days from the date credited, so don't put too much
    credit on the account, unless you're going to use it all up.

    There are instructions on their website for connecting up your asterisk
    server, or for forwarding to another SIP account through their web-gui.

    Alan
    Alan Ramsay, May 3, 2007
  8. Steve

    amp is Guest

    Hi Steve
    www.draytel.org give you both a UK & US number once you buy £20 of credit.
    There is no line rental and calls to UK landlines £0.01 per 5mins at
    weekend.

    amp is, May 5, 2007
  9. "amp is" <> wrote in news:463c20b6$0$5559$88260bb3
    @free.teranews.com:

    > www.draytel.org

    The website links through to IPKal.
    Having said that, Draytel looks like a good service provider
    Mike the unimaginative, May 6, 2007