    2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
    dutie)

    THX
    Jacob Karczewski, Mar 18, 2005

  2. I have seen many people in the UK say that they get good results from B&H
    Photovideo in New York City. They say they pay less money when ordering
    from B&H, even when all "legal" costs such as import duties are considered.
    I don't know where you live, but I thought that would be helpful.

    Churchill, Dave, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Jacob Karczewski

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:35:44 -0000, "Jacob Karczewski"
    <> wrote:

    >1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.

    From my own experience and from what other people have said, I would
    recommend B&H (http://www.bhphoto.com).

    >2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
    >dutie)

    I assume you're from Poland. Shipping from B&H looks to be about $75.
    There will be no taxes from the U.S. but you'll have to check what the
    Polish authorities charge for duty and tax.
    cluedweasel, Mar 19, 2005
  4. "Jacob Karczewski" <> writes:

    > 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.

    <www.bhphotovido.com> is one of the big ones, with about the lowest
    prices of any reliable photo dealer.

    > 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
    > dutie)

    That's a local question to your country, not a US question. We don't
    charge duty to let it out, but your country may to let it in.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 19, 2005
  5. Jacob Karczewski

    BWL Guest

    I noticed the link given here is "bhphotovido.com" instead of
    "bhphotovideo.com". The first (vido) apparently takes you to some
    fraudulent scam site, while the second (video) is the Legitimate BH Photo.

    BWL, Mar 19, 2005
  6. Jacob Karczewski

    DaveC Guest

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:23:44 +0000, BWL wrote
    (in article <>):

    > "bhphotovido.com" ... apparently takes you to some
    > fraudulent scam site

    It's not a scam. It's a "look-alike" URL. The owner simply uses it to forward
    you to paying customer's sites. They're not offering anything but
    advertising.

    But you're right; he wants http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    if he wants B&H Photo

    DaveC

    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group
    DaveC, Mar 19, 2005
  7. Thanks for your help :)
    Jacob Karczewski, Mar 19, 2005
  8. Jacob Karczewski

    Ed Medlin Guest

    > 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.
    >
    > 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US
    > (tax,
    > dutie)
    >
    > THX

    I have had excellent results from Tri-State Photo and B&H. Your duties
    depend greatly on where you live.

    Ed
    Ed Medlin, Mar 20, 2005

  1. Louis

    #1 Online Shopping Site

    Louis, Feb 29, 2004, in forum: Computer Support