    Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just over
    1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a good
    price in the US ;)
    pixel, Nov 17, 2005

  2. pixel

    Daniel Guest

    John A Fergusion wrote:

    > Not an online retailer, but a mail forwarder. Check out www.myus.com, using
    > their service you can purchase from any US online retailer giving them a
    > valid US delivery address. When received there myus.com will forward it on
    > to you.
    >
    > Probably a bit expensive for a one off, but if you're making several
    > purchases it could be worthwhile.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > John

    What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
    retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in
    the US (based on my registered VISA address).

    What form of payment did you use?
    Daniel, Nov 17, 2005

  3. pixel

    Daniel Guest

    pixel wrote:
    > in the coming weeks i'll be looking to buy some highend memory and a
    > graphics card, and was wondering if anybody knows of US sites that
    > accept international orders? not sure why but OC memory is twice as
    > expensive here in NZ. the graphics card will be the leadtek 7800GTX
    > Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just over
    > 1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a good
    > price in the US ;)

    I think Tiger Direct do (or used to). But, they have shocking after
    sales service.

    A shame newegg and zipzoomfly don't ship international.
    Daniel, Nov 17, 2005
  4. pixel

    Greg Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > pixel wrote:
    >
    >> in the coming weeks i'll be looking to buy some highend memory and a
    >> graphics card, and was wondering if anybody knows of US sites that
    >> accept international orders? not sure why but OC memory is twice as
    >> expensive here in NZ. the graphics card will be the leadtek 7800GTX
    >> Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just
    >> over 1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a
    >> good price in the US ;)

    > I think Tiger Direct do (or used to). But, they have shocking after
    > sales service.
    >
    > A shame newegg and zipzoomfly don't ship international.

    tiger direct don't take overseas credit cards, just tried
    Greg, Nov 18, 2005
  5. pixel

    Kent Smith Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > John A Fergusion wrote:
    >>
    >> Not an online retailer, but a mail forwarder. Check out www.myus.com,
    >> using
    >> their service you can purchase from any US online retailer giving them a
    >> valid US delivery address. When received there myus.com will forward it
    >> on
    >> to you.
    >>
    >> Probably a bit expensive for a one off, but if you're making several
    >> purchases it could be worthwhile.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> John

    > What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
    > retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in the
    > US (based on my registered VISA address).

    Use the personal shopper service - they will buy the goods on your behalf:
    http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/members/ps_order.cgi

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Nov 27, 2005
  6. pixel

    Daniel Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:

    >>What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
    >>retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in the
    >>US (based on my registered VISA address).

    > Use the personal shopper service - they will buy the goods on your behalf:
    > http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/members/ps_order.cgi

    Interesting.

    Cheers.
    Daniel, Nov 28, 2005