US ISPs Trialling IPv6

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 21, 2010.

  1. <http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>

    Anybody been doing that here?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 21, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Bob Womble Guest

    > <http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>
    >
    > Anybody been doing that here?

    xnet have been trailing IPv6 for quite some time. Free trial you just
    need a router that can handle V6 and V6dhcp
    Bob Womble, Oct 21, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    On 21/10/2010 4:20 p.m., Bob Womble threw some characters down the
    intarwebs:
    > On 21/10/10 15:16 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> <http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>
    >>
    >> Anybody been doing that here?

    > xnet have been trailing IPv6 for quite some time. Free trial you just
    > need a router that can handle V6 and V6dhcp

    Typical, I only find out about this a fortnight before I move and change
    ISPs.

    Doesn't make up for the fact that xnet has been painfully slow for the
    last three nights.
    Squiggle, Oct 21, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-21, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    ><http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>
    >
    > Anybody been doing that here?

    Lawerence, are you okay? The above sentence is not up to what you usually
    post here or in letters to the editors of PC related mags.

    Is Anyone doing this here? is better yes
    Gordon, Oct 21, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Oct 21, 2010
  6. In message <Xns9E18D3CBB7E0Cdaveytaynospamplshot@94.75.214.90>, Dave Taylor
    wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote in
    > news:i9o7qc $9p0$:
    >
    >> <http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>
    >>
    >> Anybody been doing that here?

    I was expecting you to link to some actual info about IPv6 usage in NZ, but
    all I see is a sign-in page.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 21, 2010
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Murray Symon Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <Xns9E18D3CBB7E0Cdaveytaynospamplshot@94.75.214.90>, Dave
    > Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote in
    >> news:i9o7qc $9p0$:
    >>
    >>> <http://lwn.net/Articles/410829/>
    >>>
    >>> Anybody been doing that here?

    > I was expecting you to link to some actual info about IPv6 usage in NZ,
    > but all I see is a sign-in page.

    It's for a mailing list and has a link to its archive of postings.
    One of the subjects for October 2010 is "NZ IPv6 Readiness Survey".
    Murray Symon, Oct 21, 2010