    looks like 9 months of the year..

    Reason for change was to save Power.

    I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005

  2. CSE

    Invisible Guest

    Woger alert: Re: US has extended its Day Light Saving..

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:33:22 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    How did I guess this was Woger?

    The extra space in the title - check
    The dots on the end.. - check
    The spaces between the new nym and the email address - check

    Invisible, Apr 9, 2005

  3. CSE

    CSE Guest

    Re: Woger alert: Re: US has extended its Day Light Saving..

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:56:29 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:33:22 +1200, CSE <> wrote:
    >
    >How did I guess this was Woger?
    >
    >The extra space in the title - check
    >The dots on the end.. - check
    >The spaces between the new nym and the email address - check

    Me seems to think you are Mentally Sick, time to see that Doctor.

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005
  4. CSE

    EMB Guest

    CSE wrote:

    > I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    Well done Woger - you live here and you THINK you know how much daylight
    saving we have. Why not get off your arse and have a look at the
    claendar, work it out and post something real.

    <plonk>

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 9, 2005
  5. Roger Sheppard, using his new alias "CSE <>", wrote:

    > Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    > looks like 9 months of the year..
    >

    > Reason for change was to save Power.
    >
    > I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    1 10 <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    2 9 of 11 <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    3 Angel of Paradise <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    4 Angel of Paradise.. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    5 Aspiringpsychopath <a [at] nuthouse.com>
    6 Atom Man [at] atomic.co.nz
    7 Atom Man [at] comics.co.nz
    8 badcat [at] catname.com
    9 batman [at] rockcave.com
    10 bben [at] nohome.com
    11 BIG bb [at] yhoon.com
    12 BIG Bear [at] bearcat.com.au
    13 BIG Bear [at] xxxxxxxxxxx.corn
    14 Big Bird [at] birdcage.com
    15 big cat <bcat [at] 4567fgh.com>
    16 Big Cat [at] parxxx.net.nz
    17 bigdick [at] sex.com
    18 BILL <bill [at] nosite.conm>
    19 Bill <bills [at] hmware.com>
    20 "Bill" <bills [at] homeware.com>
    21 BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn
    22 Bill Smith <intelboy [at] yahoo.com>
    23 Bird Man. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    24 Bird Man <squawk [at] nospamnewsguy.com>
    25 Bird of Paradise. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    26 BirdMan <squawk [at] newsguy.com>
    27 Black Bird [at] birdman.com.au
    28 Black Bird [at] nests.com
    29 Blade Runner <jackknife_nz [at] yahoo.com>
    30 Blade Runner® <jackknife_nz [at] yahoo.com>
    31 Blue Tit [at] birdman.com.au
    32 Brian Bishop <bbishop [at] hotmail.com>
    33 Brian Mathews <bm [at] nosuchurl.com
    34 Brian Withers <bwitheres [at] nospamhotmail.com>
    35 bug bunny [at] bunnies.com
    36 CSE <cse [at] noware.comn>
    37 Dingbats [at] ding.co.nz
    38 Dumdedo <ddd [at] ihog.co.nz>
    39 fbrown [at] yahoo.co.nz
    40 ffish [at] nname.com
    41 ffish [at] noname.com
    42 Fish < catfish [at] fishtank.net.nz>
    43 FLY <fly [at] flyme.co.uk>
    44 Frank <f [at] nohost.co.nz>
    45 Frank <f [at] yahoo.co.nz>
    46 Frank Osborn <fosborn [at] hotmailnospam.com>
    47 "Fred Smith" <fsmith [at] anyone.com>
    48 Fred Turtle <fturtle [at] yahoo.com>
    49 Fred Turtle <fturtle [at] yahoonosmam.com>
    50 Freddy Fish <ffish [at] globenospam.net.nz>
    51 Geronimo <g [at] yaxxx.com>
    52 Geronimo! <g [at] yaxxx.com>
    53 GLAD Wrap. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    54 Greg Parker <gp [at] nospam.com>
    55 Greg Townsend <greg.t [at] yahoonospam.com>
    56 Gregory Parker <gp [at] nospam.com>
    57 Henry_VIII <henry_VIII [at] hamptoncourt.co.uk>
    58 Henry_vlll <henry_vlll [at] hamptoncourt.uk>
    59 Horse Whisperer. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    60 Jackknife © <jackknife_nz [at] yahoo.com>
    61 K & S <ks [at] electronics.co.au>
    62 Karen Parker <kparker [at] xxxyahooxxx.com
    63 Kingpin© <kpin [at] yahoo.com>
    64 Kiwi Boy. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    65 London Midland & Scotland <lms [at] rail.co.uk>
    66 Master Tech © <mt [at] electronics.co.nz>
    67 Master Tech 1 <mt [at] electronics.co.nz>
    68 Master Tech <mt [at] electonics.co.nz>
    69 Master Tech <mt [at] electronics.co.nz>
    70 Mathew Williams <mwilliams [at] xtra.co.nz>
    71 ~mistit~ <misfti69nz [at] hooya1.co.nz
    72 MS Mouse <MSm [at] mousexx.com>
    73 Nick Smith <NS [at] yahooxxxx.com>
    74 No. 9 <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    75 P2000 [at] cybernet.org
    76 P2001 [at] cybernet.org
    77 P4 [at] p4.com
    78 P4 <P4 [at] p4.com>
    79 Patrick Dumbo <pd [at] nzfirm.co.nz>
    80 Paul Mathews <pmathews [at] yahoo.com>
    81 PeaCock [at] nesting.com
    82 Philip Brown <pbrown [at] hotmailnospam.com>
    83 Philip Williams <pwilliams [at] hotmailspam.com
    84 Philips Smith <psmith [at] bigboy.com
    85 pinocchio [at] wooden.co.nz
    86 pinocchio [at] woodendols.co.nz
    87 pip [at] fruit.com
    88 plum [at] fruit.com
    89 pommyb [at] pomland.co.uk
    90 pom [at] pom.co.uk
    91 puss [at] purr.com
    92 puss [at] purrpurr.com
    93 pussy [at] catname.com
    94 pussy [at] purrpurr.com
    95 Road Runner <rogers [at] chello.co.nz>
    96 Robert Kramer <robert.k [at] nohost.co.nz>
    97 Robert Mathews <r.math [at] nopost.com>
    98 Robin Wheeler <rwheeler [at] hotmailnospam.com>
    99 Roger Sheppard <rogers [at] xtra.co.nz>
    100 roger [at] globe.net.nz
    101 rogerrabit [at] bunnies.com
    102 rogerrabit [at] bunny.com
    103 Roger.Sheppard [at] actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    104 rogers [at] ihug.co.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    105 rogers [at] ihug.co.nz (roger sheppard)
    106 roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz
    107 rogers [at] voyager.co.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    108 rogers [at] xtra.co.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    109 Rosemary rm [at] ===google===.com
    110 Santa [at] northpole.com
    111 Scroll <scroll [at] notvalid.com>
    112 sheppard_r [at] ix.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard)
    113 sheppard_r [at] ix.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
    114 sheppard_r [at] kosmos.wcc.govt.nz
    115 sheppard_r [at] kosmos.wcc.govt.nz (Roger Sheppard..)
    116 Sophist <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    117 Sparrow [at] bird.com.au
    118 Sparrow [at] birdman.com.au
    119 Stan Kid <sk [at] XXXX Yahoo.com
    120 Star Ranger.© <star.ranger [at] yahoo.com>
    121 stone [at] fruit.com
    122 stone [at] fruits.com
    123 stone [at] fruits.org
    124 TEN. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    125 ten [at] noname.com
    126 The Easter Bunny. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    127 The GHOST of WOGER. <ghost [at] gosts.co.au>
    128 The KIWI © <rogers [at] clear.net.nz>
    129 The KIWI ©® <rogers [at] clear.net.nz>
    130 The KIWI. <rogers [at] clear.net.nz>
    131 The KIWI.© <rogers [at] clear.net.nz>
    132 The Scarlet Pimpernel © <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    133 The Scarlet Pimpernet © <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    134 The Virus © <virus [at] nowhere.com>
    135 The Virus® <virus [at] yahoo.com>
    136 The Vulture© <squawk [at] newsguy.com>
    137 The Wise Old Owl [at] birdnesting.com
    138 The Wise Old Owl. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    139 The Wise Old Owl. <squawk [at] newsguy.com>
    140 Tick Tock <tt [at] clock.com>
    141 V.I.P. 3 <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    142 V.I.P. <roger.s [at] paradise.net.nz>
    143 W2001 [at] cybernets.org
    144 William Bell <wbell [at] tinkle.com>
    145 william bell <wbell [at] whatnow.com>
    146 william [at] paradise.net.nz (The KIWI...)
    147 Wingman <wingman [at] nospam.com>
    148 Woger MKII [at] wogerbox.co.nz
    149 ZipDisk© <ZipDisk© [at] yahoo.com>
    150 zipdisk© [at] yaho.com (Zipdisk©)

    --
    Kerrie ;-)

    Kerrie Felderton, Apr 9, 2005
  6. CSE

    Ron McNulty Guest

    We actually have half an hour in the winter, and 1.5 hours in the summer
    (compared to our geographical location)

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Apr 9, 2005
  7. CSE

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:00:56 +1200, CSE wrote:

    > Me seems to think you are Mentally Sick, time to see that Doctor.

    If you say so.

    Gordon, Apr 9, 2005
  8. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:07:22 GMT, Kerrie Felderton
    <> wrote:

    >Roger Sheppard, using his new alias "CSE <>", wrote:
    >
    >> Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    >> looks like 9 months of the year..
    >>

    >> Reason for change was to save Power.
    >>
    >> I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    >That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    No it does not..

    Why do you post useless posts or do you have a Mental problem..?

    I have never ever seen a post from you that is of any Help, in fact youjust
    don't post at all.

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005
  9. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:52:33 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >
    >> I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    >Well done Woger - you live here and you THINK you know how much daylight
    >saving we have. Why not get off your arse and have a look at the
    >claendar, work it out and post something real.
    >
    ><plonk>

    I don't have a claendar....??

    Can't you spell.?

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005
  10. CSE

    BTMO Guest

    "Kerrie Felderton" <> wrote

    > That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    It's important to have a hobby...

    :)

    BTMO, Apr 9, 2005
  11. CSE

    Invisible Guest

    On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 18:10:42 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:07:22 GMT, Kerrie Felderton
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Roger Sheppard, using his new alias "CSE <>", wrote:
    >>
    >>> Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    >>> looks like 9 months of the year..
    >>>

    >>> Reason for change was to save Power.
    >>>
    >>> I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    >>That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    >No it does not..
    >
    >Why do you post useless posts or do you have a Mental problem..?

    And the US daylight saving relates to nz.comp in what way?

    Invisible, Apr 9, 2005
  12. CSE

    Bobs Guest

    CSE wrote:

    > Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    > looks like 9 months of the year..
    >

    > Reason for change was to save Power.
    >
    > I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    Well, I'm sure it's the fault of George Bush.

    Bobs, Apr 9, 2005
  13. CSE

    EMB Guest

    CSE wrote:

    > I don't have a claendar....??
    >
    > Can't you spell.?

    Back to your playstation boyo.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 9, 2005
  14. On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:13:23 +1200, BTMO <> wrote in

    > "Kerrie Felderton" <> wrote
    >
    >> That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    > It's important to have a hobby...

    That's as may be. But a hobby HORSE?

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2005 Pricelessware CD now available.
    Pricelessware - the best of the best in freeware, as determined by the
    readers of alt.comp.freeware.
    E-Mail me for details: - mention CD in subject.

    .... We are worthy of only as much respect as we are prepared to give
    others.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 9, 2005
  15. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:13:23 +1200, "BTMO" <> wrote:

    >"Kerrie Felderton" <> wrote
    >
    >> That post brings it up to 150 aliases in my alias list:

    >It's important to have a hobby...
    >
    >:)

    The chap is a Mental case. that is all he ever posts about, seems to me he has
    a very dull life..

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005
  16. In article <d3857i$ln3$>, "Kent Smith" <> wrote:
    >CSE wrote:

    *SNIP*
    >participle but since your talking about adding to it's value, you've

    *SNIP*
    ^
    You were doing SO well, until you tripped on your own shoelaces and
    fell, spectacularly, down a long flight of stairs.
    Hint: If you're going to be criticising someone's grammar, ensure that
    yours is flawless. Or at least absent any common, glaring errors.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Apr 9, 2005
  17. CSE

    Kent Smith Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:52:33 +1200, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> CSE wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..

    >> Well done Woger - you live here and you THINK you know how much
    >> daylight saving we have. Why not get off your arse and have a look
    >> at the claendar, work it out and post something real.
    >>

    > I don't have a claendar....??
    >
    > Can't you spell.?

    Woger, surely you're not to able to criticise ones spelling after some of
    the posts I've seen from you. I think this post was the first one I've seen
    where you haven't made a spelling mistake (congratulations are in order).
    As for the spelling mistake it question, I would call more a typing mistake,
    in fact it happens so often that Microsoft Word even auto-corrects it if
    you.

    I believe newsgroups are an informal medium of discussion so I don't believe
    pulling someone up for a simple typo or grammar is very good etiquette,
    especially when you know exactly what they meant. But since you're Mr
    Perfect, I've corrected your original post.

    Grammatical errors:

    Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    ^-1 ^-2 ^-3 4-^ ^-5
    looks like 9 months of the year..
    ^-6 ^-7
    <-17
    Reason for change was to save Power.
    ^-8 9-^ ^-10 ^-11
    <-18
    I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..
    ^-12 ^-13 ^-14 15-^ ^-16

    1-Missing word 'It'

    2-Although it's technically not incorrect, it is widely accepted that
    numbers less than 10 be spelt out in full

    3-Random upper case character in the middle of a sentence

    4-The word 'saving' as used in 'daylight saving time' is a present
    participle but since your talking about adding to it's value, you've
    converted it to a simple verb and therefore the plural should be used (i.e.
    daylight savings). In reality, it can't be saved at all so you should say
    something like "It seems like the US has added two more months to its
    daylight saving time"

    5-The 's' makes no sense in this sentence

    6-See 2.

    7-Double period at the end of a sentence

    8-Missing word, 'The'

    9-Double space between these words

    10-Missing word, 'the'

    11-See 3.

    12-See 9.

    13-See 2.

    14-See 3.

    15-See 4.

    16-See 7.

    17-New line or paragraph for each sentence is not needed

    18-See 17.

    Your post according to my recommendations:

    It seems like the US has added two more months to its daylight saving time,
    it now
    looks like nine months of the year. The reason for the change was to save
    power. I think NZ only has six months of daylight saving time.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Apr 9, 2005
  18. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:53:43 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:

    >>> Well done Woger - you live here and you THINK you know how much
    >>> daylight saving we have. Why not get off your arse and have a look
    >>> at the claendar, work it out and post something real.
    >>>

    >> I don't have a claendar....??
    >>
    >> Can't you spell.?

    >Woger, surely you're not to able to criticise ones spelling after some of
    >the posts I've seen from you. I think this post was the first one I've seen
    >where you haven't made a spelling mistake (congratulations are in order).
    >As for the spelling mistake it question, I would call more a typing mistake,
    >in fact it happens so often that Microsoft Word even auto-corrects it if
    >you.
    >
    >I believe newsgroups are an informal medium of discussion so I don't believe
    >pulling someone up for a simple typo or grammar is very good etiquette,
    >especially when you know exactly what they meant. But since you're Mr
    >Perfect, I've corrected your original post.
    >
    >Grammatical errors:
    >
    >Seems like the US has added 2 more months to its Daylight saving, its now
    >^-1 ^-2 ^-3 4-^ ^-5
    >looks like 9 months of the year..
    > ^-6 ^-7
    ><-17
    >Reason for change was to save Power.
    >^-8 9-^ ^-10 ^-11
    ><-18
    >I think NZ only has 6 months of Daylight saving..
    > ^-12 ^-13 ^-14 15-^ ^-16
    >

    >1-Missing word 'It'
    >
    >2-Although it's technically not incorrect, it is widely accepted that
    >numbers less than 10 be spelt out in full
    >
    >3-Random upper case character in the middle of a sentence
    >
    >4-The word 'saving' as used in 'daylight saving time' is a present
    >participle but since your talking about adding to it's value, you've
    >converted it to a simple verb and therefore the plural should be used (i.e.
    >daylight savings). In reality, it can't be saved at all so you should say
    >something like "It seems like the US has added two more months to its
    >daylight saving time"
    >
    >5-The 's' makes no sense in this sentence
    >
    >6-See 2.
    >
    >7-Double period at the end of a sentence
    >
    >8-Missing word, 'The'
    >
    >9-Double space between these words
    >
    >10-Missing word, 'the'
    >
    >11-See 3.
    >
    >12-See 9.
    >
    >13-See 2.
    >
    >14-See 3.
    >
    >15-See 4.
    >
    >16-See 7.
    >
    >17-New line or paragraph for each sentence is not needed
    >
    >18-See 17.
    >

    >Your post according to my recommendations:
    >

    >It seems like the US has added two more months to its daylight saving time,
    >it now
    >looks like nine months of the year. The reason for the change was to save
    >power. I think NZ only has six months of daylight saving time.
    >

    >-KENT

    Gee Kent, you just made my life very worth while..

    CSE, Apr 9, 2005
  19. CSE

    Kent Smith Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:
    > In article <d3857i$ln3$>, "Kent Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >> CSE wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    >> participle but since your talking about adding to it's value, you've

    > *SNIP*
    > ^
    > You were doing SO well, until you tripped on your own shoelaces and
    > fell, spectacularly, down a long flight of stairs.
    > Hint: If you're going to be criticising someone's grammar, ensure that
    > yours is flawless. Or at least absent any common, glaring errors.

    Ahh, but where did I say that posting in newsgroups should be gramatically
    correct? In fact, I think you'll find I said quite the opposite. (I
    noticed a number of other errors in my own post after I posted it too). :)

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Apr 9, 2005
  20. CSE

    Chris Hope Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:

    > In article <d3857i$ln3$>, "Kent Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >>CSE wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    >>participle but since your talking about adding to it's value, you've

    > *SNIP*
    > ^
    > You were doing SO well, until you tripped on your own shoelaces and
    > fell, spectacularly, down a long flight of stairs.
    > Hint: If you're going to be criticising someone's grammar, ensure that
    > yours is flawless. Or at least absent any common, glaring errors.

    And just in case people don't know the difference between "its" and
    "it's" (and so many don't seem to these days):

    it's = an abbreviation of "it is"
    its = possessive form of it, just like "his" and "hers" - in this
    example, the text should read "adding to its value"

    Chris Hope, Apr 9, 2005