    If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a concealed
    weapon?
    Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    Ionizer Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    news:xZHhb.384$...
    > If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, .....

    <snip>

    It isn't. Don't believe everything Michael Moore tells you.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 11, 2003

  3. You take a course in guns, and get certified.

    NewKillerStar, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    Mara Guest

    http://www.moorewatch.com/ :)

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

    Mara, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Brian H¹©

    gangle Guest

    "Brian H¹©" wrote
    > If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a concealed
    > weapon?
    > Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    concealed) are guns (duh).

    gangle, Oct 11, 2003
  6. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:xZHhb.384$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a
    || concealed weapon?
    || Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    Where does it say that every American has the right to carry a gun?

    First of all the carrier must have a relevant lic for the gun...

    flying off half cocked as usual...

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003
  7. Brian H¹©

    Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:47:26 -0700, "gangle" <>
    wrote:

    >"Brian H¹©" wrote
    >> If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a concealed
    >> weapon?
    >> Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    >What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    >by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    >carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    >almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    >police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    >State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    >that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    >misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    >has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    >at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    >to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    >concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    >circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    >concealed) are guns (duh).

    Vermont allows CCW without needing a special license. There are more
    states every day that are enacting reciprocity. Only the people
    living in the big cities seem to have the stupid idea that the police
    are going to protect you. The court in Washington, DC decided
    otherwise several years ago. You may notice that those cities/states
    with the strictest gun laws are also the ones that have the highest
    murder rates as well as other crime rates while those such as Kenesaw,
    GA have much lower crime rates.

    George

    , Oct 11, 2003
  8. Brian H¹©

    The Immortal Guest

    didst gibber like a mere mortal
    innews::

    snip>
    > Vermont allows CCW without needing a special license. There are more
    > states every day that are enacting reciprocity. Only the people
    > living in the big cities seem to have the stupid idea that the police
    > are going to protect you. The court in Washington, DC decided
    > otherwise several years ago. You may notice that those cities/states
    > with the strictest gun laws are also the ones that have the highest
    > murder rates as well as other crime rates while those such as Kenesaw,
    > GA have much lower crime rates.
    >
    > George

    WTF is there to steal in Kenesaw, GA?

    --
    The Immortal

    The Immortal, Oct 11, 2003
  9. Brian H¹©

    Richard Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a
    > concealed
    > weapon?
    > Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    The fact that it is not visible to the passerby.
    Inisde of a holster may be defined as concealed, unless the holster was of a
    type that allowed the majority of the weapon to be visible.
    While it is illegal to carry a 12" knife in your pocket, it is legal to
    carry it on your belt in a sheath.
    If you carry a handgun in your car and leave it on the dashboard, that is
    not concealed.
    But put it between your seats beside you, it most certainly is concealed.
    That is why people who drive pickup trucks and have guns, put the guns on a
    rack so they can be seen.
    If they were tucked under the seat, that's concealing a weapon.

    "The right to bear arms", is not denied by the state when they issue
    restrictions on handguns.
    As you can legally walk around town with a rifle or a shotgun in your hands.
    This was clearly demonstrated on 60 minutes a few years back, in New York
    City.
    They filmed a guy going into a gun store and buying a rifle.
    The rifle was wrapped in plain wrapping paper and you could easily tell what
    it was.
    Outside, in full view of a police officer, the wrapping was removed and
    trashed, properly.
    The man walked right past the officer and not one word was said.
    The guy barely even got noticed by others.
    But a hand gun? Uh-uh. You need a permit to own one in NYC.
    Therefor, the consititutional argument is being satisfied.
    "the right to bear arms shall not be denied".

    Richard, Oct 11, 2003
  10. Brian H¹©

    Ionizer Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.moorewatch.com/ :)

    Thanks for that link, Mara. He's a likeable and often amusing guy, you just
    have to take some of what he says with a very big grain of salt.

    ....And the same can be said of Micheal Moore ;)

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 11, 2003
  11. Brian H¹©

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:Xns9410E38A44460thegreatone10olympu2@192.168.1.1,
    The Immortal <> typed:
    > didst gibber like a mere mortal
    > innews::
    >
    > snip>
    >> Vermont allows CCW without needing a special license. There are more
    >> states every day that are enacting reciprocity. Only the people
    >> living in the big cities seem to have the stupid idea that the police
    >> are going to protect you. The court in Washington, DC decided
    >> otherwise several years ago. You may notice that those cities/states
    >> with the strictest gun laws are also the ones that have the highest
    >> murder rates as well as other crime rates while those such as
    >> Kenesaw, GA have much lower crime rates.
    >>
    >> George
    >>

    > WTF is there to steal in Kenesaw, GA?

    Valuable gun collections.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 11, 2003
  12. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gangle said:

    > "Brian H¹©" wrote
    >> If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a concealed
    >> weapon?
    >> Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    > What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    > by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    > carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    > almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    > police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    > State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    > that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    > misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    > has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    > at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    > to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    > concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    > circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    > concealed) are guns (duh).

    The subject was gun laws, not rifles, knives or other, and the reason for my
    second sentence was to stress my understanding that other than wearing a gun in
    a cowboy-style holster would make that gun a concealed weapon. Unless you have
    it in your hand ofcourse.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003
  13. Brian H¹© wrote:
    > gangle said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" wrote
    >>> If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a
    >>> concealed weapon?
    >>> Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    >> What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    >> by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    >> carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    >> almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    >> police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    >> State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    >> that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    >> misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    >> has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    >> at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    >> to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    >> concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    >> circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    >> concealed) are guns (duh).

    > The subject was gun laws, not rifles, knives or other, and the reason
    > for my second sentence was to stress my understanding that other than
    > wearing a gun in a cowboy-style holster would make that gun a
    > concealed weapon. Unless you have it in your hand ofcourse.

    I do wish the media hadn't hi-jacked the term "gun". A "Gun" is a weapon
    that has no rifling in the barrel - such as a shotgun, where the use of the
    syllable "gun" is in fact correct, or a piece of Ordnance such as a cannon.
    Small arms consist of Pistols, and Rifles (and the variants thereof) and
    invariably have rifled barrels and so are not "guns".

    To throw another spanner in the works, what about the UK "gun" laws? Crimes
    in which pistols have been used have increased by HUNDREDS of percent AFTER
    this mangey government decided to arbitrarily deprive law-abiding citizens
    of their shooting sports with pistols!
    How do they answer that? THEY DON'T!
    Get rid of B-liar and all his lying toadying government at the next
    election.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 11, 2003
  14. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Gordon Burgess-Parker said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> gangle said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" wrote
    >>>
    >>> What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    >>> by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    >>> carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    >>> almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    >>> police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    >>> State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    >>> that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    >>> misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    >>> has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    >>> at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    >>> to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    >>> concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    >>> circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    >>> concealed) are guns (duh).

    >> The subject was gun laws, not rifles, knives or other, and the reason
    >> for my second sentence was to stress my understanding that other than
    >> wearing a gun in a cowboy-style holster would make that gun a
    >> concealed weapon. Unless you have it in your hand ofcourse.

    > I do wish the media hadn't hi-jacked the term "gun". A "Gun" is a weapon
    > that has no rifling in the barrel - such as a shotgun, where the use of the
    > syllable "gun" is in fact correct, or a piece of Ordnance such as a cannon.
    > Small arms consist of Pistols, and Rifles (and the variants thereof) and
    > invariably have rifled barrels and so are not "guns".
    >
    > To throw another spanner in the works, what about the UK "gun" laws? Crimes
    > in which pistols have been used have increased by HUNDREDS of percent AFTER
    > this mangey government decided to arbitrarily deprive law-abiding citizens
    > of their shooting sports with pistols!
    > How do they answer that? THEY DON'T!
    > Get rid of B-liar and all his lying toadying government at the next
    > election.

    They ought to get on and legalise cannabis, that way everyone will be too stoned
    to want to commit a crime, or run away from one ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003
  15. Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> The subject was gun laws, not rifles, knives or other, and the
    >>> reason for my second sentence was to stress my understanding that
    >>> other than wearing a gun in a cowboy-style holster would make that
    >>> gun a concealed weapon. Unless you have it in your hand ofcourse.

    >> I do wish the media hadn't hi-jacked the term "gun". A "Gun" is a
    >> weapon that has no rifling in the barrel - such as a shotgun, where
    >> the use of the syllable "gun" is in fact correct, or a piece of
    >> Ordnance such as a cannon. Small arms consist of Pistols, and Rifles
    >> (and the variants thereof) and invariably have rifled barrels and so
    >> are not "guns".
    >>
    >> To throw another spanner in the works, what about the UK "gun" laws?
    >> Crimes in which pistols have been used have increased by HUNDREDS
    >> of percent AFTER this mangey government decided to arbitrarily
    >> deprive law-abiding citizens of their shooting sports with pistols!
    >> How do they answer that? THEY DON'T!
    >> Get rid of B-liar and all his lying toadying government at the next
    >> election.

    > They ought to get on and legalise cannabis, that way everyone will be
    > too stoned to want to commit a crime, or run away from one ;-)

    LOL!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 11, 2003
  16. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:WpOhb.49$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || gangle said:
    ||| "Brian H¹©" wrote
    ||| What the **** are you talking about? Gun laws are regulated
    ||| by the States, and I don't know of any State that allows
    ||| carrying a concealed weapon without a permit; and, in
    ||| almost all cases, such a permit (usually issued by the local
    ||| police) is not easy to get. And, a carry permit issued by
    ||| State A is usually not honored in State B. People who say
    ||| that Americans have a right to carry a gun are woefully
    ||| misinformed, and are rationalizing the 2nd Amendment, which
    ||| has never been scrutinized by the Supreme Court in a suit to
    ||| at least suggest what "a well organized militia" means in context
    ||| to this modern society. Also, in answer to your question, a
    ||| concealed weapon is one that is not visible under ordinary
    ||| circumstances (duh) -- and, not all weapons (that can be
    ||| concealed) are guns (duh).
    || The subject was gun laws, not rifles, knives or other, and the
    || reason for my second sentence was to stress my understanding that
    || other than wearing a gun in a cowboy-style holster would make that
    || gun a concealed weapon. Unless you have it in your hand ofcourse.

    you're an idiot

    you'll never learn

    why do you keep making such outrageously st00pid statements?

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003
  17. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:_zPhb.83$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || Gordon Burgess-Parker said:
    ||| I do wish the media hadn't hi-jacked the term "gun". A "Gun" is a
    ||| weapon
    ||| that has no rifling in the barrel - such as a shotgun, where the
    ||| use of the syllable "gun" is in fact correct, or a piece of
    ||| Ordnance such as a cannon. Small arms consist of Pistols, and
    ||| Rifles (and the variants thereof) and invariably have rifled
    ||| barrels and so are not "guns".
    ||| To throw another spanner in the works, what about the UK "gun"
    ||| laws? Crimes in which pistols have been used have increased by
    ||| HUNDREDS of percent AFTER this mangey government decided to
    ||| arbitrarily deprive law-abiding citizens
    ||| of their shooting sports with pistols!
    ||| How do they answer that? THEY DON'T!
    ||| Get rid of B-liar and all his lying toadying government at the next
    ||| election.
    || They ought to get on and legalise cannabis, that way everyone will
    || be too stoned to want to commit a crime, or run away from one ;-)

    oh, so that's it... too much weed smokin', eh?

    Well that would explain your st00pidity

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003
  18. Concealed usually means concealed on your person. You can't go anywhere with
    a concealed weapon unless you have a permit. You can wear a gun in a holster
    in plain view most anywhere legally but you will upset many people and draw
    police attention to yourself, so why wear it? And there are many city
    ordinances against it. Go to Arizona if you want to play cowboy.

    --
    Windows IS a virus.

    Why do you have to wash a bath towel? Aren't you clean when you use it?

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a

    concealed
    > weapon?
    > Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    ---

    BananaPannaPoe-, Oct 11, 2003
  19. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BananaPannaPoe- said:

    > Concealed usually means concealed on your person. You can't go anywhere with
    > a concealed weapon unless you have a permit. You can wear a gun in a holster
    > in plain view most anywhere legally but you will upset many people and draw
    > police attention to yourself, so why wear it? And there are many city
    > ordinances against it. Go to Arizona if you want to play cowboy.

    I don't want to play cowboy.
    As someone who doesn't live in the US, I was just asking a question I have
    wondered about for many years.
    So, now then, a federal agent or police officer, wearing a shoulder holster
    underneath a jacket, is carrying a concealed weapon?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003
  20. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:xpShb.186$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    || BananaPannaPoe- said:
    ||| Concealed usually means concealed on your person. You can't go
    ||| anywhere with a concealed weapon unless you have a permit. You can
    ||| wear a gun in a holster in plain view most anywhere legally but you
    ||| will upset many people and draw police attention to yourself, so
    ||| why wear it? And there are many city ordinances against it. Go to
    ||| Arizona if you want to play cowboy.
    || I don't want to play cowboy.
    || As someone who doesn't live in the US, I was just asking a question
    || I have wondered about for many years.
    || So, now then, a federal agent or police officer, wearing a shoulder
    || holster underneath a jacket, is carrying a concealed weapon?

    are you really so st00pid? yep

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003